"Feeling Old" 2016 Edition

Started by BanzaiCat, January 26, 2016, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

My son turns 17 today. :(

My daughter will be 15 two weeks from today.  :'(

I know some of you have grown kids, but those of you with the younger ones, enjoy the time you have with them while you can.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

I hear you BC. But look up man. Grandkids are the Bomb. They do all the dumb things you kids did that used to make you mad but now they're funny because their parents have to clean it up. Plus they'll tend to believe you over the parents when you tell them how tough it was to raise "Mom" or "Dad".
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

BanzaiCat

Also, the Dukes of Hazzard premiered today, 36 years ago.

Thirty years ago today, the Bears beat the Patriots in Super Bowl in Super Bowl XX.

And on this day 54 years ago, Kennedy appointed the first female Presidential doctor.  ^-^

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 26, 2016, 03:14:23 PM
I hear you BC. But look up man. Grandkids are the Bomb. They do all the dumb things you kids did that used to make you mad but now they're funny because their parents have to clean it up. Plus they'll tend to believe you over the parents when you tell them how tough it was to raise "Mom" or "Dad".

Not only am I in no hurry to become a grandfather, but this day will be long in coming. My son has zero social life. The cute cashier at HEB (she must have been all of 20 years old) was minorly flirting with him...we were there to get his bday cake, and he's totally oblivious to her. Sigh. Thankfully too, my daughter has little interest in boys right now. I'm fine with that lasting into her 30s.

mirth

Your son has the finely honed social skills of a Grog.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

Also, I heard Grogheads turned 4 years old today!  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

MetalDog

Today is the 33 year anniversary of the death of Paul 'Bear' Bryant.  And the inaugural day to mourn the passing of Abe Vigoda.  And I agree with Slash, grandkids kick ASS!!!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Richard Linklater is 55 years old.  Ouch.  Isn't he supposed to be perpetually 27?
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

I sat in a room full of people who were no older than 3 or 4 when 9/11 happened.

MetalDog

The kids at work almost qualify for that.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Bison on January 28, 2016, 09:33:54 PM
I sat in a room full of people who were no older than 3 or 4 when 9/11 happened.

I get multiple rooms of them every day.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

It's odd.  It still seems like a current event to me, but for them it's more a historical event.

Gusington

^Stuff like that drives me nuts. Imagine how WWII vets feel now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Well I guess we've all been in similar circumstances.  I guess I'm just more cognizant of it now.