"Feeling Old" - 2014 edition

Started by bayonetbrant, February 17, 2014, 06:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

Bad Dog!  >:(

I'm telling AARP that you just 'came of age', even if it's not true, just so their junk mail can drive you crazy.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MetalDog

There was no OMG thirty years ago.  But I was totally Judd Nelson.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Staggerwing on March 24, 2014, 07:26:36 PM
Bad Dog!  >:(

I'm telling AARP that you just 'came of age', even if it's not true, just so their junk mail can drive you crazy.

FWIW, one of the editors for their in house magazine was one of my COM 200 students last year
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Toonces

Man alive, that hits close to home, Brant.   :-[
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

TheCommandTent

What is this "breakfast club" you speak of??  :o

*ducks*
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

^^^^
You guys hold him down
I'll get the superglue and glitter

MetalDog

Quote from: TheCommandTent on March 25, 2014, 05:36:03 AM
What is this "breakfast club" you speak of??  :o

*ducks*

Please tell us you're joking, Tent.  Otherwise, we'll see to it you wake up cold as a witches titty this morning.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Gusington

He aint joking...according to my new math, Tent was not born until two years after the release of The Breakfast Club.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

mirth

Take a deep breath. 3/20/14 marked the 5th anniversary of the FINAL episode of BSG.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

yeah, I think we're all trying to forget the finale

Martok

No spoilers!  I still gotta watch season 4.5. 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 24, 2014, 07:21:26 PM
30 years ago today

Damn.  Even I feel almost old now.  :-\ 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Centurion40

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 17, 2014, 02:55:30 PM
The fact that I was too old for several of those entries when they were first released makes me feel even older.  I've half a mind to hop on my rascal, drive over to Brant's place and fling Centrum Silver vitamin pills at him.

Ditto.
Any time is a good time for pie.