This Weekend's Article: First Look at Legendary Encounters Firefly

Started by bayonetbrant, May 27, 2017, 07:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bbmike

I mean, come on. It's Firefly. And usually that kind of statement will either elicit a response of "OH HELL YES" or "Huh?"

You forgot the most common response which is:

>:D
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

JasonPratt

I'm going to guess the mat art looks generically generic in most of its expanse (pun), because the background shouldn't be distracting or conflicting from the cards.

Also, I'm wondering just how many of the character likenesses they were able to attain rights to. That might explain a lot of the art weirdness (and why they couldn't use snapshots). I'm pretty sure the double-cross art is supposed to be Saffron for example, even though the art is made a little more generic (to fit whatever is going on, and to be y'know not R-rated) and Christina Hendricks' likeness isn't actually being used.

Also,  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Arctic Blast

Yeah, the art in this one has become notoriously uneven.

As for the box size, that's pretty much due to the length of the rolled up playmat and for uniformity of packaging in the series. They're all that stupidly oversized, and it's needless every single time. It's obnoxious.