Order of Battle Scenarios by Modders!

Started by airboy, March 13, 2020, 11:49:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

I am playing Germany West 1939-40 a huge campaign designed by Erik 2 who is from Norway.  It has been a blast so far!

Erik2 has posted an incredible 21 Campaigns! (That is campaigns, not scenarios) for Order of Battle WW2.  Many of his campaigns have been updated many times and he has responded to users who encountered bugs.  I'm playing one of his first campaigns.

To find his scenarios see: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=80862

If you download, play, and enjoy them - please be sure to thank Erik on his thread at Slitherine.

Gusington

Thanks for this - as I get deeper into the game I am sure I will enjoy these.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GroggyGrognard

Wow, thank you for posting this. I may have to get back into the series again.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

acctingman

Just started playing this. Putting all the DLC's on my Steam wishlist and nabbing them when they go on sale. Game is a hoot and I didn't know they had mods for this!

Thanks

airboy

The campaign I'm playing has 26 scenarios!  Once I got used to his victory condition approach I was rolling along - until I hit the big Polish counter-attack scenario that I had to restart twice after losing the first two times.  This has been engrossing.

CJReich46

Impressive.

Do you need DLC for this or just the basic module?
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

airboy

Quote from: CJReich46 on March 13, 2020, 05:31:17 PM
Impressive.

Do you need DLC for this or just the basic module?

I think you need one of the core games to play.  I don't think any of the DLC campaigns beyond one with the core engine is necessary.

FlickJax

Dammit Carl!

Apocalypse 31

OOB has some great game mechanics, but the base / vanilla campaigns are some of the worst that I have played in any game. Broken triggers, terrible and unrealistic objectives, whack-a-mole style scenarios.

That being said, some great work went into what the Erik and several others have done with these custom missions.

I just wish we had more coop / PVE missions. It was a feature that has hardly been explored with OOB.

demjansk1942

airboy

demjansk1942

airboy

I have finished about 70% of the German 1939-1940 campaign and it has been excellent!  So excellent I either lost or had minor victories a couple of times.