The 2015-2016 Running Hoops Thread

Started by bayonetbrant, December 02, 2015, 09:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

UNC is #1 again this week.  This is after winning 3 straight games shooting less than 40% from the floor.

They get Boston College and then the schedule gets tough.

MetalDog

In what poll?  I thought I heard on the radio that Oklahoma was still number 1.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Bison

Two different polls one has Oklahoma #1 the other has NC #1.

MetalDog

I was listening to CBS Radio.  So that makes sense.

Bison

Big XII is a monster conference this year.  I think 1/2 of the conference gets into the 64 easily. 

MetalDog

I wish I could say I was paying attention enough to respond to this intelligently, but I'm not.  I know Iowa State took out Oklahoma and Kansas was number one for a while.  Outside that, I really don't know.

Bison

MetalDog

Bison

bayonetbrant

So I don't normally give two shits about the NBA, but if you can find the highlights from last night's slam dunk contest, go watch it.  There's a ball-around-the-back reverse slam, better-than-Jordan-between-the-legs-from-the-free-throw-line slam, a guy pulling the ball off the mascot's head and looping it under his legs while in the air before slamming it, and palming it off a mascot's hands while the mascot is spinning 360s on a hoverboard and slamming it (and that guy lost!).

I'm not big for crazy stunts like that in a game, but in an exhibition, it's fun, and watching the highlights from last night, they were having plenty of fun.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Just saw this about the NBA.  We're over 2/3rds of the way through the season, and San Antonio still has single-digit losses. 
They're 45-9 through 56 games, with 26 games to go, which is pretty damned good.

Yeah, they're still 4 games behind Golden State.

It's not like Golden State are feasting on a weak conference.  Sheesh.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

This is a horrifying train wreck to watch.  Rutgers may have the worst Men's major conference Basketball Team in forever.

See: https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/by-the-numbers-rutgers-may-end-up-as-the-worst-major-conference-basketball-team-ever

Brant - NCSU is not NEARLY this bad.

Airboy - Auburn won one more conference game this year (5) than last year (4) - even with the train wreck of injuries and dismissing the leading scorer and only remaining point guard!  War Eagle!!

bayonetbrant

Quote from: airboy on February 26, 2016, 12:19:26 PM
Brant - NCSU is not NEARLY this bad

Not from lack of trying!

bayonetbrant

airboy

UNC beat the spawns of Satan and clinched the ACC regular season.  Texas A&M won the SEC regular season - which was a surprise.