GROGHEADS RUNNING SUPER BOWL THREAD

Started by bayonetbrant, February 07, 2016, 05:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OJsDad

Quote from: bayonetbrant on February 07, 2016, 08:02:05 PM
Oh, and that "incomplete" pass call in the 1st on Cotchery was bullshit.  He caught that ball, and there was no way to claim otherwise.

The NFL is so desperate for Peyton to win, they'll make any call they need to help that along.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Con

Its amazing how much gaming time I gained after the Pats crashed out.  Happily working away on Command Ops 2 trying to wrest Malta away from the Brits.

Only reason I know the game is on is because this thread popped up.  All I can hope is that it is a stinker of a game and causes the NFL bad press

Con

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on February 07, 2016, 07:53:46 PM
Aaaaand poop medicine. i think they shot their wad.

That one had me really scratching my head. Really?! At the Super Bow?!

bayonetbrant

my personal all-time favorite Super Bowl commercial

[yt]https://youtu.be/rJB0CzlzSwY[/yt]
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

That halftime show proved nothing more than the amount of damage white people do to music when we put our minds to it. Gah.

Hey, the Panthers finally completed a big pass because they got away from the same failed inside run they'd run every previous first and ten! An adjustment! What a crazy idea!

Arctic Blast

Never mind. Apparently Carolina never got the memo that Ted Ginn is horrible.

bayonetbrant

The refs have been absolute shit tonight.  I don't really like either team, but they've fucked up several calls in the Broncos favor tonight.

Bison

The best team won the game tonight:  The Denver Broncos defense.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Arctic Blast

Carolina's offensive game planning was putrid. Every damn first down, let's run a fullback plunge for a yard. Every damn time. It never worked! The D was totally playing the run every time, but play action? No, let's not run anything like that! Ugh.

Denver's defense has been a beast all year long, and that continued. Cam Newton got WRECKED for 4 quarters.

I don't particularly care about Peyton, but I am really happy that DeMarcus Ware got a ring.

Airborne Rifles

"I'm going to go drink a lot of Budweiser tonight" - Peyton Manning  ;D

Congrats Broncos. Not my favorite team, but Peyton is a class act.

Bison

Yeah Manning has always seemed to be a class act.  Von Miller and DeMarcus Ware played a phenomenal game.  There were a few questionable calls, but I don't think any of them really would have changed the outcome of the game.

Bison

On a side note, the commercials were as always in my opinion a very over rated part of the game experience and the halftime show...WTF?   Horrible halftime show.

Steelgrave

Wade Phillips should be MVP. What a helluva job!