ICBM - The Global Conflict (in development)

Started by ufnv, September 15, 2019, 02:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surtur

Hi guys,

For those who are interested, here are a couple of videos for those who have not yet seen them. Beta is in full swing, for news will follow soon :)

"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"

Pete Dero

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1178220/ICBM/

We're happy to announce that ICBM is joining the Steam Game Festival: from October 7th to October 13th, you will all be able to engage your friends in a thermonuclear war and to nuke each other for free.

Make yourself comfortable and get ready to push the big red button: the demo will feature the tutorials to help you learn the game and the standard settings of the multiplayer mode.

Last but not least - don't miss the marathon stream! Starting on October 9th, 4 PM BST, we're going to stream the most epic ICBM multiplayer highlights, including Rimmy's streams and the competitive match between Slitherine and the Pentagon Wargame Team.

So tune in on Steam by that time!

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Lowenstaat

Quote from: Pete Dero on October 07, 2020, 12:38:54 PM
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1178220/ICBM/

We're happy to announce that ICBM is joining the Steam Game Festival: from October 7th to October 13th, you will all be able to engage your friends in a thermonuclear war and to nuke each other for free.

Thanks for the Demo! I spent a couple hours with it this evening. It reminds me of Command H.Q., but with much more fidelity and detail. I kept wishing I could pull population from cities to create military ground units to capture enemy cities or run special ops missions in enemy territory.
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

t4rget

Damnit I missed the demo.

I'm really eager to play this one. DEFCON was (well ... is) so cool to play.

I never understood why destroying the world with nuclear weapons is that fun.  :)

Geezer

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Jarhead0331

Is anyone interested in reviewing this for Grogheads? If so, I have a code for you.

Maybe we can also connect for multiplayer.

Thanks.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

solops

I hope this is available as a direct-from-Matrix purchase. I do not want to get it on Steam.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Surtur

"Gentlemen, You Can't Fight in Here. This is the War Room!"

steve58

ICBM is out...on Matrixgames, GOG and Steam for a $20.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tripoli

I was a beta tester on ICBM.  It is a fun "Beer and Pretzel" game.  MP takes about 1 hour to play.  It is a lot of fun.  Strategically complex, it allows players to create a strategy, and build a variety of force structures to implement the strategy.  Like chess, there is no single strategy that guarantees victory, so it has a very high replayability value.  It might be fun to get a  group of grogs together to play on a regular basis.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

matt3916

Tripoli

Quote from: matt3916 on November 17, 2020, 04:42:25 PM
Tripoli -- How is the AI in single player?

The AI is good.  It was always a challenge for me, but it was beatable. Don't trust the AI to keep its diplomatic agreements >:D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Zulu1966

Want to get this - but bit confused as to what it is - given its about thermo nuclear war - what is all the building carriers subs de3stroyer stuff - can someone give an overview of how the game plays out ?
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

HoodedHorseJoe

It's basically DEFCON, just with some modern design sensibilities.

If you never played DEFCON, it was a game about essentially planning as best as possible for a thermo-nuclear war which always happens. This involved placement of military assets, such as fleets, air forces etc. but also about the placement of defensive weapons as well. The war kicks off, nukes goes flying and you see how well you did - rinse and repeat.

As far as I've read, this is basically the same thing, except it has a tech tree you can go down and a bit more agency to build things and lean into specific strategies.

But it's a game about firing nukes at other people, nothing more, nothing less.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.