DAK - The Desert Campaign

Started by wargamerbrasil, June 25, 2013, 05:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wargamerbrasil

I´ve just started a new play. Now I´m playing DAK 2, in the scenario The Desert Campaign. It will follow the North African Campaign form 1940 to 1942.

Ubercat

Thanks for making this video! DAK II is the next OCS game I plan to play on Vassal, so this should be fun to watch.

BTW, do you have a Vassal opponent for these vids, or are you doing it all solo?
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

wargamerbrasil

Hi Ubercat,

I have a Vassal opponent, I sent him a special thanks at the end of the video. I always ask people if they mind if I include and aknowledgment for the play. But sometimes they do.

But when you want to play OCS at Vassal, just call me...

ArizonaTank

The game interests me...but being OOP and selling for upwards of $400+ on ebay, your AAR is about as close as I'll get...unless MMP does a reprint.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

wargamerbrasil

Well, I wish they reprint too... I´m only playing because the other player has a copy. Unfortunately MMP DAK2 is already a reprint, and people say the last copies only were sold with promotional sales. So I don´t have much hope...  :(

wargamerbrasil

This is the second video of commented play of DAK2. Here we see the first turn.

wargamerbrasil

Here is the second turn and the Italians are already in trouble...

Pinetree

Quote from: ArizonaTank on June 27, 2013, 05:31:39 AM
The game interests me...but being OOP and selling for upwards of $400+ on ebay, your AAR is about as close as I'll get...unless MMP does a reprint.

Well,you should head here: http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/ocs.htm where you can download the latest OCS rules and if you click on the DAK link (or any other game for that matter) you can also download the game- specific rules as well.  There's also a link for the vassal modules at the bottom of the page. You should then have enough to play on vassal at least.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

wargamerbrasil

Here it is the third turn... Italian hopes are going down...