Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail

Started by RedArgo, December 18, 2018, 01:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Staggerwing

'Cowboy Shampoo'...

I think I saw them play live at Toad's Place in New Haven, back in 88 or 89. Or maybe that was 'Rinse Rodeo'. So many years and brain cells ago... hard to be sure.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

HAHAHA 'Wing wins the internet today for his Toad's Place reference!

JasonPrattonauts

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Cowboy Shampoo == clearly an anime title for a crazy homage to the neo-classic anime Cowboy Bebop.

(Actual anime title for a crazy homage to the neo-classic anime Rurouni Kenshin, was Samurai Champloo.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I had a cowboy offer to take a shower with me once so he could show me his Cowboy Shampoo. Weird because it was just regular shampoo.  :idiot2:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 20, 2018, 03:08:17 PM
I had a cowboy offer to take a shower with me once so he could show me his Cowboy Shampoo. Weird because it was just regular shampoo.  :idiot2:

That's so weird.  It's like this Command (modern naval combat game) dream I had where my neighbor's cat told me his name was "Lonesome"

bobarossa

Pardon me,  I thought I clicked on the Ultimate Admiral thread!  Instead it's the "Brokeback Mountain" thread.

besilarius

Grogheads.
You can't live with them, and you can't use a bulldozer on them.
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Sir Slash

You need some Cowboy Shampoo in your life.  :hug:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MengJiao

Quote from: bobarossa on December 20, 2018, 06:31:09 PM
Pardon me,  I thought I clicked on the Ultimate Admiral thread!  Instead it's the "Brokeback Mountain" thread.

You mean Command: Brokeback Mountain?

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Was the old Age of Sail, Real Time or Turn Based? Been so long I don't remember. Have the CD around here somewhere! AOSII.

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

JasonPratt

The old Age of Sail was kind of Piratey, and was in realtime. I've got AoS2 sitting in a shrink wrap within 2 feet of my computer chair at home.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tuna

Yeah, mine was called Privateer's bounty or something like that.

Grim.Reaper

I received newsletter saying available for pre-order, which certain levels grant you access to the alpha right now.....of course I caved and bought right away:)

https://www.aos.ultimateadmiral.com/post/pre-order-packs