STEAM 2020 Winter Sale Loot

Started by Ian C, December 23, 2020, 06:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Majorian? Is he a Roman Emperor? I don't know that name other than maybe having heard it once before.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

The Mod begins in 475 AD and Julius Valerius Majorian is the Western Emperor and he is in pretty deep doo-doo. I don't know what he did historically but whatever it was it will almost certainly be less with me in charge. Sorry Julius.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^This sounds right up my alley as I love late Roman stuff. Do you have a link?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I got it at the Steam Workshop page for Attila TW which now since I subscribed, it's no longer coming-up. This might work.   https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2324444938   
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Silent Disapproval Robot

I grabbed a copy of the Free-to-play WWII themed deck building game called Kards along with the free booster pack they had on offer for Christmas.  I am having way more fun with it than I expected to.  I ended up dumping about $15 into it to get a few more card decks and the British customization pack.  I like how you build your rank as you gain wins.  I somehow lucked into building a very powerful Brit deck right off the bat despite not having a clue what I was doing and I had a 90% win/loss rate up until I hit the rank of major.  Since then I've been taking a bit of a drubbing and my win/loss is about 50% in this tier.  (Nukes....the bloody Yanks and Rooskies can get nukes....that ain't right....)

I like how each nation's starting deck feels unique and I like how you can customize them as you earn more cards.  Less keen on the weird ahistorical team mixing (eg. The US starter deck also includes Japanese cards for some reason.)   Brits are very strong on defence and get more powerful over time.  The Germans are the sort of "standard" deck and they're decent at most things, but not great at any one thing and are somewhat poor on defence.  The Soviets have a sacrificial defensive deck.  Their units sacrifice themselves to boost the overall Russian defence while hurting their opponent.  The Japanese have a sacrificial offensive deck.  Like the USSR but they sacrifice their units to inflict even more damage on their enemy.    The Yanks are a buff deck.  Cards chain abilities which make other deployed units stronger on offence and/or defence or they can boost their economy.    You can also earn minor nations cards and add them in to customize your decks.  I've got a handful of French and Italian cards but haven't used them too much yet. 

Fun little game.  Come play!

Father Ted

Just picked up Orbi Universo and Armoured Commander II - both seem to be different enough to anything I already own that I might play them.  I know that's not usually how things work with Steam-sale purchases, but here's hoping.

Toonces

I grabbed Rugby20 with 33 minutes left in the sale (so I can play my beloved Edinburgh against the pesky English, Go Scotland!). 

I still have to grab a controller to play it, and I suppose I might need to learn the rules to rugby as I haven't the faintest idea how the game is played.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

My tally....

No games for $0.00.

I think this is a first for me.
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

I passed too. In the end nothing really grabbed me and hung-on.  :buck2:

CJReich46

I managed to just get Conquest of Elysium 4.

Other than that..just kind of meh lately.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

bobarossa

Haven't started playing the stuff I bought in the November sale.  So nothing.

airboy

Quote from: CJReich46 on January 06, 2021, 02:03:41 AM
I managed to just get Conquest of Elysium 4.

Other than that..just kind of meh lately.

I would be very interested in your thoughts on this compared to Conquest of Elysium 3.