Sniper Ghost Warriors Contracts Releases Tomorrow

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 21, 2019, 06:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

I am a sucker for any type sniper gamer...fully aware it likely will suck, but what the heck already pre ordered:)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/973580/Sniper_Ghost_Warrior_Contracts/

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

recently it feels like it, been too many things i wanted to try....

Destraex

The dreaded sniper. Whatever happened to that Russian sniper movie?
Maybe it is this one?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Grim.Reaper

at least one review....7.3, verdict seemed as what i would expect .  i only paid like $19 for this thing so hopefully get that much out if it:)

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/11/21/sniper-ghost-warrior-contracts-review

Huw the Poo

There are a number of reviews up now, around the 7/8 out of 10 mark.  Everyone's pleasantly surprised apparently.

Grim.Reaper

Maybe it turns out decent, currently downloading, we'll see in a little while:)

mbar

I was going to "wait and see." but the price is good and Sniper GW3 was fantastic. After I saw this video I picked it up.

Grim.Reaper

Played a bit so far....although I think it could be good, don't think its going to suit my play style.  I am much more of a casual player and typically in these games prefer to use simplified settings and player aids.  Although this game has difficulty levels, it is only for how the enemies react.  It doesn't control how you actually go about being a sniper and for me its brutal.  I like the sniper elite series where the act of shooting is very simplified and you don't have to worry about all the details (i.e. wind, distance, drop, breathing, etc.).  In this game, you have no ability to turn that stuff off and no simplified controls exist.  You must play with all those things on and at least for me, fairly hard.  Especially the breathing thing where you seem to only have a few seconds to steady your aim, find your target and shoot, before your rifle sways all over the place...then you have to repeat over and over.  Not to mention having to take all those other factors in to consideration.

I completely understand I'll take some heat from the crowd saying I should enjoy all the real life mechanics, but just isn't enjoyable to me.  No idea why they didn't at least make these game settings since I respect people who do want to play hard core but really wish they would have also given easier options for the casual crowd as well.  Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with the rest of the game and how it plays, but for me its enough that I likely won't ever see it because drives me too crazy and my attention span is very small:)

Hope others enjoy though....