Main Menu

Hair of the FRIDAY

Started by Jarhead0331, January 03, 2020, 06:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moreb

Thanks. He was with us for 14 years. The wife is taking it pretty hard but we have known it was coming. A vet visit last weekend confirmed his condition. He passed in my wifes arms on the way to the vet to have him put down. I'm glad he went how he did alone with us. We are closing on our house next Friday so our emotions are extremely mixed. Such is the fate of dog lovers.
When dongles fly? - mirth

-budd-

Sorry for your loss Moreb, peace.

I'll be doing my pbem turns for BA2 and FOG2.  I'm jumping back into Darkest Dungeon, i picked up the DLC during the sale......its a damn bastard of a game....but in a good way i think. i already crashed on one run...dammit, i hate this game :D. Maybe play something else i bought during the sales, might go with Heat Signature.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

MetalDog

Condolences, Moreb.  I know how attached I am to my two, 12, and 9.  I know how crushed I will be when one of them goes.  You have my sympathy.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Sorry for your loss Moreb, ours is 15 and had congestive heart failure, so we know it's coming soon for us too. :-(

Sir Slash

Right there with you Moreb, my last pug passed 6 years ago and I still miss her along with the rest of the pack. They're all buried together in my side yard in a favorite spot of theirs where we had many good times.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Moreb

Again, thanks to all. Best of luck to you Tuna and MetalDog. Slash, my 3 are together near a persimmon tree I once hated and thought of cutting down. We have gathered seeds from its fruit to have starts for the new house. Ever consider getting another?

I may sound like a broken record, but I'm still enjoying Mius Front. Revisiting some of the ops now that I have learned more of the system. I am currently in a real quagmire hoping to dent a spearhead and possibly slow it down before reinforcements can make it to the action.
When dongles fly? - mirth

GroggyGrognard

Somehow got back into Commander: The Great War as the Central Powers.

A game or two of Wingspan with the girlfriend. One of my new favorite games of 2019.

Quote from: Moreb on January 03, 2020, 07:25:36 PM
Thanks. He was with us for 14 years. The wife is taking it pretty hard but we have known it was coming. A vet visit last weekend confirmed his condition. He passed in my wifes arms on the way to the vet to have him put down. I'm glad he went how he did alone with us. We are closing on our house next Friday so our emotions are extremely mixed. Such is the fate of dog lovers.

So sorry about your family member.

Arguably, on several levels, we don't deserve dogs.

We have two cats, a brother and sister, and absolutely losing them would be heartbreaking.
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin

Tripoli

Sorry for your loss.  In many ways, losing a dog is  like losing a family member.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Anguille

Sorry for your loss. It's why i prefer not have any pets despite the fact that i love animals.

MengJiao

Quote from: GroggyGrognard on January 04, 2020, 12:58:59 AM

So sorry about your family member.

Arguably, on several levels, we don't deserve dogs.

We have two cats, a brother and sister, and absolutely losing them would be heartbreaking.

Yes, I've kinda avoided getting new dogs after I had one I was very fond of die of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever about 40 years ago.  Plus, I'm not out at the farm much any more and that's where the animals stay.  So nothing out there these days but my best cat ever, Astroid, who is an absolute killer and who keeps trying to teach my kids to hunt properly by dragging in large half-dead prey when we are out there.  When Astroid dies or disappears, I'll be feeling pretty blue.

Sir Slash

I raised pugs for about 25 years. I would LOVE to have more, especially the puppies, but it's also good not to have to be tied-down caring for them, or finding someone to look after them if you go out of town, someone responsible. And it hurts so damn bad when you lose them. Maybe Robot Pugs are the answer.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

Quote from: Moreb on January 03, 2020, 07:25:36 PM

Sorry for your loss. I still miss my parent's mini schnauzer Auggie. 
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

CJReich46

Gamewise: Witcher 3- still trying to figure out my next move. I did some main quest stuff.

Trying out Thronebreaker (and banging my head on a desk trying to understand the Gwent mechanics)
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

W8taminute

Just tuned into this thread and I'm sorry to see that news Moreb.  When we lost our cat a few years ago it hurt a lot so I can understand what you and your wife are going through.  My condolences. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk