COD: Infinite Warfare and Titanfall 2

Started by Jarhead0331, November 05, 2016, 10:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 06, 2016, 06:02:20 AM
Before you boo me off the stage and tell me to go play it on a console....does the remastered version come with official controller support?

I can confirm it does have controller support....

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

Most reviews (beyond RPS) I have read have been luke-warm to the game...basically have said if you like COD, you'll like this one...but nothing earth shattering or majorly different then other versions (besides being in space).  Doesn't mean its a bad thing depending on what you want.....I don't listen to reviewers anyway, hence why I still bought:)

If my download ever ends, I'll be able to see for myself:)

Jarhead0331

By venturing beyond Earth--and not just to other planets, but to space itself--Call of Duty found a canvas to produce its best story in years. It reinforces the notion that a game's narrative is only as good as its characters. Given the campaign's accomplishments in space combat, it's puzzling that no effort was made to replicate its zero-G sensations in Infinite Warfare's multiplayer. Consequently, the well-crafted Zombies mode is a more attractive, time-consuming proposition for those looking to play with friends. While no Call of Duty game has matched the comprehensive excellence of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, the exploits of Reyes and Ethan are at least as memorable and moving as any deeds from "Soap" MacTavish and John Price during from the series' heyday.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/call-of-duty-infinite-warfare-review/1900-6416569/

Best Call of Duty campaign since MW. No question about it. Haters are always going to hate.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 06, 2016, 04:42:34 PM
Best Call of Duty campaign since MW. No question about it. Haters are always going to hate.
Oh shite  ::)
Alba gu' brath

Gusington

Well I definitely take JH's word over RPS. I also don't play enough FPS games to find new ones non-innovative. The last FPS I played was Spec Ops, IIRC.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2016, 06:01:38 PM
Well I definitely take JH's word over RPS. I also don't play enough FPS games to find new ones non-innovative. The last FPS I played was Spec Ops, IIRC.

Seriously, the conclusions of the RPS reviewer are quite inexplicable to me. Especially with respect to character development, storyline and trying to break new ground. I'm hardpressed to imagine what the reviewer actually expected. I've got about 4 hours in to the campaign so far and I'm absolutely loving it. Some of the characters are awesome and the writing that includes interservice rivalry between the Navy and Marine Corps is hilarious. The combat robot on your team, E3n (pronounced "Ethan") is friggin awesome and he has some of the best lines of the campaign so far. The technology and design of weapons, armor and vehicles is totally kickass, even if some of it is similar to things that we have seen in Halo and Metal Gear Solid.

Anything can change, but so far, I still rate the single player campaign above an 8 out of 10.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

sandman2575

JH's persuasive arguments are not helping those of us hoping to save $60 and 70GB OF HD space... ;)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: sandman2575 on November 06, 2016, 07:33:19 PM
JH's persuasive arguments are not helping those of us hoping to save $60 and 70GB OF HD space... ;)

100+ if you buy digital legacy:)  Mine is still downloading, couple of hours to go:(

sandman2575

Man, I am having a huge nostalgic desire to replay Modern Warfare.  The missions where you're a sniper in the ghillie suit, infiltrating the contaminated Chernobyl area... Yeah, 'STALKER-lite' I suppose, but man were those tense, atmospheric missions.

Gusington

I'm definitely getting IW but not for 60.00. At Green Man right now members can get it for 50.00.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on November 06, 2016, 07:51:58 PM
I'm definitely getting IW but not for 60.00. At Green Man right now members can get it for 50.00.

Looks like you can buy then since not $60 :)

I paid $67, but I got the remastered version of MW with it....never played the original, always wanted to so worth the few extra $$$...in then end, it might be the game I play more.  We'll see.

jamus34

Yeah RPS has been pissing me off with some of their "editorial" pieces lately.

That said - does IW move away from the adamantium set pieces and QTE's??? One thing that really annoyed me about the COD games is the shooter on rails feeling I always get.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: jamus34 on November 06, 2016, 09:42:04 PM
Yeah RPS has been pissing me off with some of their "editorial" pieces lately.

That said - does IW move away from the adamantium set pieces and QTE's??? One thing that really annoyed me about the COD games is the shooter on rails feeling I always get.

The missions do not feel like they are "on rails" to me, but they are inherently very scripted and you do have to follow a general path in order to get from one objective to the next. One thing that makes the levels feel less confined is the fact that the stages often times involve vehicular combat in space and more traditional combat on foot, and the transition is usually seamless, with no cutscene or loading sequence between.

The linear nature of the campaign does not bother me. It's engrossing, the voice acting is great and the graphics are spectacular. You know, I usually think I prefer open world sand box type games, but im starting to realize that I end up losing interest In most of them fairly quickly, whereas an action packed linear game like IW, I will play start to finish.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog