COD: Infinite Warfare and Titanfall 2

Started by Jarhead0331, November 05, 2016, 10:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I am so totally on Call of Duty heaven. I just had a go at the CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered campaign and what great memories. They did a fantastic job of modernizing it. It looks amazing, and it has the same outstanding gameplay. Its probably the best CoD ever made and it still shines. What a great game. Well, just wanted to pop in and give the remastered version the thumbs up. Definitely worth paying the extra $20 for Infinite Warfare to get the remastered version of MW. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 05, 2016, 10:23:29 PM
I am so totally on Call of Duty heaven. I just had a go at the CoD: Modern Warfare Remastered campaign and what great memories. They did a fantastic job of modernizing it. It looks amazing, and it has the same outstanding gameplay. Its probably the best CoD ever made and it still shines. What a great game. Well, just wanted to pop in and give the remastered version the thumbs up. Definitely worth paying the extra $20 for Infinite Warfare to get the remastered version of MW.
I was afraid you were going to say that about Modern Warfare.

MW was probably the most satisfying single player FPS gaming experience I've ever had since I started gaming. There were so many great missions. War Pig and the sniper mission are two that stand out as the best story/gaming missions ever.

I dropped off COD after MW - the games that followed just didn't seem to come anywhere close to MW and so after the couple that came after, I found myself thinking they had done a left turn.

When I saw that a remastered MW was bundled with a rather costly package - it almost made it sweet enough to get...almost. Hearing that it's given it a rebirth has just firmly placed it in my buy list above anything else.

Gaming budget is blown - but I think IW with the remastered MW will be my Christmas present.  O0
Alba gu' brath

MikeGER

Quote from: Gusington on November 05, 2016, 03:26:36 PM
^Definitely.

Since WWI has been my main interest for years, my auto-buy would be BF1, but the SP components of Titanfall and Infinite Warfare sound better according to what JH and JD have posted...what to do...

Get BF1 for the MP then if you like the WWI atmo O0 :nerd:

Its is not 'historical' gameplay/gunplay wise but the war movie clips/scenes it generates on the fly while you play are just stunning.

Not until i had familiarized with the game and tested different playstyles and some slower even more tactical approaches and especially while riding in a tank as one of the sidekick gunners i witnessed and had the tranquility to soak in those scenes with all the small details that add so much to the atmosphere and immersion.
In every 25-30min long match there were at least 3 moments/scenes that are on pair with best scenes right out of Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, (with WW1 clothes/toys)  or Lawrence of Arabia maybe, you name it     
(and look better then the MP video footage of TF2 MP and COD IW MP i have seen at YT yet) 

Atm I play exclusively conquest mode on 64 person serves with 9 maps in rotation. (40h /rank 19)
To add even more variety the landscape slowly degrades into wartorn, different in matches depending on the spots and intensity of heavy fights. And on top of that the weather (fog, sandstorm) changes slowly sometimes with visibility down to maybe 20m and back to clear day again.
Naturally the best/atmospheric scenes where with medium to low visibility...

Thank God there are NO parcour elements in this title!
I cant wait for the "hardcore mode" and the 'crazy running around the block' of some (younger) players came to a stop completely that now sometimes can disturb/end those mentioned jaw dropping war movie scenes.
BTW, the game play is fun too, but its more WW2ish then WW1       

Grim.Reaper

Before you boo me off the stage and tell me to go play it on a console....does the remastered version come with official controller support?

Yskonyn

Quote from: MikeGER on November 06, 2016, 03:02:19 AM
Quote from: Gusington on November 05, 2016, 03:26:36 PM
^Definitely.

Since WWI has been my main interest for years, my auto-buy would be BF1, but the SP components of Titanfall and Infinite Warfare sound better according to what JH and JD have posted...what to do...

Get BF1 for the MP then if you like the WWI atmo O0 :nerd:

Its is not 'historical' gameplay/gunplay wise but the war movie clips/scenes it generates on the fly while you play are just stunning.

Not until i had familiarized with the game and tested different playstyles and some slower even more tactical approaches and especially while riding in a tank as one of the sidekick gunners i witnessed and had the tranquility to soak in those scenes with all the small details that add so much to the atmosphere and immersion.
In every 25-30min long match there were at least 3 moments/scenes that are on pair with best scenes right out of Saving Private Ryan, Band of Brothers, (with WW1 clothes/toys)  or Lawrence of Arabia maybe, you name it     
(and look better then the MP video footage of TF2 MP and COD IW MP i have seen at YT yet) 

Atm I play exclusively conquest mode on 64 person serves with 9 maps in rotation. (40h /rank 19)
To add even more variety the landscape slowly degrades into wartorn, different in matches depending on the spots and intensity of heavy fights. And on top of that the weather (fog, sandstorm) changes slowly sometimes with visibility down to maybe 20m and back to clear day again.
Naturally the best/atmospheric scenes where with medium to low visibility...

Thank God there are NO parcour elements in this title!
I cant wait for the "hardcore mode" and the 'crazy running around the block' of some (younger) players came to a stop completely that now sometimes can disturb/end those mentioned jaw dropping war movie scenes.
BTW, the game play is fun too, but its more WW2ish then WW1       

^ what he said!

OT: What's your Origin name Mike?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Jarhead0331

Another pretty cool thing about the IW campaign is that you are operating from your ship the UNSA Retribution, a space carrier and in between missions you can walk around the bridge, your personal quarters, the lounge, armory, etc.  In your quarters, you can listen to audio logs, review personnel files, and get Intel on some of the most wanted enemy commanders.

It adds a nice level of immersion.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MikeGER

sandman2575

Modern Warfare really was a masterpiece. It's the only CoD that I still have great memories about playing.

I'm surprised (in a good way) to hear the great reviews here for IW. I really thought CoD had become irredeemably stale and ridiculous -- just based on playing some of the terrible "Black Ops" games.  Because nothing has touched Modern Warfare (or MW2, which was also pretty darn good), I'd given up this series for lost a while ago. So cool to hear so many folks are enjoying this latest iteration.

Gusington

I played online with the Wargamer crew in CoD years ago and that was great fun when we got a bunch of guys together. That, and the descriptions that JH is posting above are having me lean towards Infinite Warfare...just sounds awesome.

I'll get BF1 on sale :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Hate this place....bought cod with remaster

JudgeDredd

^ I am very nearly almost (within a nats hair) of following you...the only thing stopping me is playing through Titanfall 2 again and enjoying it.

But I'm so close to caving, my skin is itching.  L:-)
Alba gu' brath

sandman2575

It'd be much more tempting to me if MW remastered were included in the $60 game -- at $80, for someone who is definitely not a big FPS player, it's a bit rich for my blood.

Also -- 70GB??

Grim.Reaper

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: sandman2575 on November 06, 2016, 01:35:11 PM
It'd be much more tempting to me if MW remastered were included in the $60 game -- at $80, for someone who is definitely not a big FPS player, it's a bit rich for my blood.

Also -- 70GB??

Over a 100gb for the digital legacy version....largest install ever for me on Steam...should be able to play late tonight:)