2015 Grogheads Fantasy Baseball League

Started by Bison, March 06, 2015, 10:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Ward

Geek, looking at your roster I would suggest you get at least one additional starting pitcher, for the short term at least. You only have three on your team and in April there are a lot of off days, rain out etc and you may have trouble meeting the minimum number of innings required. That is an automatic 5 point loss. Plus with only three starters you are probably conceding wins and strikeouts in most match ups. Most of your opponents will have 4-5 starters on their team (probably averaging 6-7 starts per week to your 3-5) and so will have many more chances to get numbers in those stats.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

undercovergeek

ah, ok, im on it - i think MD may have passed me this advice too   ;D

Bison

I might be in trouble this year with having limited pop in my lineup.

Marty Ward

How about I'll take your 5-5 draw and you take my 1-8 ass whipping ok :)
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

Quote from: Marty Ward on April 12, 2015, 08:37:42 PM
How about I'll take your 5-5 draw and you take my 1-8 ass whipping ok :)

Every league needs an Astros.  :P

MetalDog

I've played fantasy baseball for a long time and I don't ever remember seeing what happened to me yesterday.  I had 12 batters on my roster.  The 9 in my starting lineup and 3 on the bench.  Every one of my starters and 2 of 3 bench sitters failed to record a hit.  Not one.  Goose eggs top to bottom.  The guy with a hit?  Melky Cabrera.  4 for 5, 2 runs, 2 RBI.  Shit.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Well my team is settling into a nice season of .500 ball.  The pitchers forget to win the games they start and my hitters occasionally put together a decent enough week to keep the box score close.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on May 06, 2015, 07:36:34 AM
Well my team is settling into a nice season of .500 ball.  The pitchers forget to win the games they start and my hitters occasionally put together a decent enough week to keep the box score close.

That dull thudding you can hear is the sound of me kicking your ass

again

at least i get to beat someone every season!  :D  :P

Bison

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 12, 2015, 10:01:56 PM
Quote from: Bison on May 06, 2015, 07:36:34 AM

That dull thudding you can hear is the sound of me kicking your ass

again

at least i get to beat someone every season!  :D  :P

Oh...I assumed it was the opening and closing of your tanning bed.

undercovergeek

Arctic Blast

Ah, I see that my team has launched in to their mid-season collapse a little early this year. Lovely.

Bison

screwed up my pitching rotation this week so I'm not going to make the 20 inning minimum.  grrrrr......

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob