Main Menu

Fantasy General 2

Started by Jarhead0331, April 08, 2019, 04:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Huw the Poo

The developer has just spent some time alleviating concerns.  Don't take it off your wishlists yet!

Steelgrave

I liked the responses and the thought process behind some of the decisions, especially the response to the undead. I loved the original Fantasy General and while FGII will definitely remain on my wishlist, I'll wait and see how the reviews land before pulling the trigger.

-budd-

Fantasy isn't my main thing, so this was never going to be a day one buy for me. I like the answers, and seems like a decent value if the campaign is 28-33 maps long. i don't mind the lack of factions if the there is a lot of unit variety, and different build choices. I do wish you could play the campaign from either side, but will reserve judgement until feedback on the campaign. It will depend on how the campaign branches and how interesting the choices are along the way, hopefully there are a bunch of interesting mission types. There's skirmish and random maps, so there's added value there. I do hope the animations are good, its an important feature for me in a fantasy game. At the end of the day i just want to throw some fireballs and lightening around and maybe freeze some enemies so i can feel the power...muhahahaha.

My guess is standard Slitherine price $39.99
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

Looks like there is a slight language barrier and the concept of 'faction,' or their take on it, needs to be explained better. Feeling better about this title now, a bit.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FarAway Sooner

Yeah.  So long as they force you to make trade-offs between complementing your core "Empire" troops with "Undead" versus "some other branch", I'm fine with that.  If they just let you pick from a buffet of 30 different units, I'm not sure it will hang together for me, from a narrative source.

And I do think they need one "evil" faction, even if it's just a race of voracious, ravenous creatures that eat everything (similar to the Tyranids in WH40K).

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

^Thanks for posting. Review is kinda short on details, but maybe that is because the game itself is a little lean in content right now?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Gusington

Wargamer eh? Never heard of it.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: Gusington on September 05, 2019, 09:03:30 AM
Wargamer eh? Never heard of it.

They sound rubbish, whoever they are.

Just as a note of apology - Google doesn't like it if I replicate content between sites and FG2 could legitimately be featured on both. Since I don't want to pay for a second review, I decided to have the main review up on WG, with a summary post on SG.

Sorry if that's caused any confusion.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Yskonyn

You're the chief are you not? You can do it however you wish. 😊
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

bbmike

Perfect timing. My ten year anniversary discount from Matrix has arrived! I think this might be worth $22.39.  O0
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 26, 2019, 04:53:37 PM
Quote from: Gusington on August 26, 2019, 04:46:59 PM
No price listed on The Steam yet :(

No official prices since Matrix/Slitherine never does that prior to release day....but someone guessed prices in their forum and a developer said they were close, but likely would be more than their guess.  Here was the person's guess.

Hero: $45
General: $70

If I had to personally guess, I would go with something like:

Base: $39.99
Hero: $49.99
General: $79.99

two out of three correct:)