Introducing TASK FORCE ADMIRAL Vol.1: American Carrier Battles

Started by The_Admiral, October 11, 2019, 12:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old TImer

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

The_Admiral

Well, thanks but there is still much to endure I am afraid - and I am the first victim  :coolsmiley:

In the meantime, a great video just came out, and better than anything will explain why I absolutely want to make a box edition for TFA. It is well-done, except for the part that makes us feel old, of course  #:-)

rocketman

Quote from: The_Admiral on October 03, 2020, 12:01:16 AM
Well, thanks but there is still much to endure I am afraid - and I am the first victim  :coolsmiley:

In the meantime, a great video just came out, and better than anything will explain why I absolutely want to make a box edition for TFA. It is well-done, except for the part that makes us feel old, of course  #:-)

I have always thought that a cross-over between history books and wargames would be interesting. Personally I try to read history books depicting what I currently play in a wargame. History becomes a vehicle to better understand the game and the game becomes more immersive and interesting. And it works the other way around as well, that I understand why history played out the way it did when I come across decisions having to be made in the game and how it plays out.
A boxed set of the game with a manual one part history book and one part manual would be awesome. Sadly in the age of digital distribution it might be a hard sell, but maybe something that can be Kickstarted?
I'm old enough to miss the old days of boxed games with great artwork and the sensation of opening the manual for the first time. Most times on my way home after buying the game and eager to get started - the manual hightened the anticipation of getting into the game.

fran

Quote from: The_Admiral on October 03, 2020, 12:01:16 AM

Never knew I wanted to watch a video on pc packaging.  :)

FarAway Sooner

For our generation, manuals were the  computer game equivalent of foreplay.

Sir Slash

I can remember the first time I got to, 'Second Base' with a manual.  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

rocketman

Quote from: FarAway Sooner on October 04, 2020, 10:20:53 PM
For our generation, manuals were the  computer game equivalent of foreplay.
And now foreplay consists of "downloading...downloading...downloading......."

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Hot lead and dirty talk!

You guys couldn't get laid even if you were carpet.

If by some small chance you did, (with a WOMAN!) you probably instantly asked her to marry you.
Jesus saves! But Gretzky scores on the rebound!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

I've laid more skinny manuals on my desk than I can count on two hands.   :coolsmiley:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Sir Slash

I like the ones that have all the big tables in the back.  ^-^     I'm not into large glossaries.

al_infierno

Different strokes for different folks, as they say.  👉😎👉
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao