Trials and tribulations of owning a house

Started by Jarhead0331, February 06, 2021, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

have you thought about simply removing the fireplace that you never use?  it might be the cheapest option.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 09, 2021, 03:59:48 PM
have you thought about simply removing the fireplace that you never use?  it might be the cheapest option.

It's like the corner stone of the great room and a major feature of the home. No. That is not an option.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

then may I recommend some prep work on your part.
watch this:

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

at this point theres really nothing you can do until the weather gets warmer.

jamus34

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 09, 2021, 03:56:03 PM
If you need something demolished, I'll bring the grandkids by. Everything standing will be not-standing in under 30 min. And they work cheap....Cheetos and Dunking Sticks.  :bd:

I use to joke that you want to win a war just weaponize a ton of 2 yr olds and air drop them. I've never met a more destructive force.
Insert witty comment here.

Sir Slash

Correct! And they're also smart enough to know when they get caught, to LIE about who did it. The perfect Sabotage Agents.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Ah, that reminds me, I'm not sure if Mom and Dad have ever seen The Money Pit, but if not they'd probably like it! (I think about this every six or seven years or so.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

In a totally unrelated subject, but when has that ever stopped me before, we just got done with a kitchen renovation my Wife's been planning for years and, naturally, now we are going to need a new water system put in. It NEVER ends.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

So I have a question for the experts.

Our second bathroom is a disaster.  It has these little square tiles, about 1" square, and they are designed to make hearts all around the edges.  It is unbelievably ugly.  There are the same tiles lining part of the wall in the shower as well.

I can't afford a total renovation of the bathroom at this time; talking to the contractor that did our other bathroom, it would be a complete "gut job" and probably cost in excess of $20k.  What I'd like to do is either paint or otherwise cover the tiles both on the floor and on the wall in the shower.  If I can cover them, and repaint the walls and ceiling, I could live with the bathroom for a while longer and get a professional to do the gut when my finances support something like that.

Doing a complete renovation myself is out of the question.  I saw the contractors do my other bathroom and it's way too difficult for me to do at this point.  I am just too unskilled to take on such a job.

This isn't a great picture, but it gives you an idea of what the floor looks like.  The same tiles and pattern are on the one wall, the portion that is within the shower.

"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Toonces

That is a very flattering picture of the bathroom.  Whoever photographed my house for its listing before I bought it is a real professional. 

It looks a lot more like a dungeon in real life LOL.

And before you ask, I don't know what's up with that toilet and the controller on the wall.  All that crap is removed and I just have a normal toilet in there now.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

How about just covering it with a nice bathroom rug for now, for like 50.00? Painting tile would make it look even worse.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

please, both of you just stfu....   :pullhair:

GDS_Starfury

this is actually a pretty easy vis-mod that won't cost more then Gus's hummering bird habit.
repaint the walls to an off white, almost white grey.
replace the light fixture with one thats not as large and either points up or gives omnidirectional light.
some shit like this:

GDS_Starfury