Trials and tribulations of owning a house

Started by Jarhead0331, February 06, 2021, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

ok, so here Jarheads not that far off.
you can simply go over the tile with vinyl core waterproof laminate flooring.  the tile is flat enough and a pad goes between the tile and the laminate.
some shit like this:

it bridges the wall color with your shaker cabinets and counter top.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Toonces

That faux tile was what I was thinking, but I know there are limitations re: the underlying tile size.

You said something about a pad underneath it...I hadn't read about that before.

But that in essence is exactly what I was hoping to do with the floor if it's practical.  Still not sure about the wall, though.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

GDS_Starfury

get rid of that ghetto ass blind in the window.

what you want is a cellular shade that goes up and down.
like this:

paint should be maybe $75 for a gallon.
floor with all materials about $300 max  probably way less.
new wax ring for the toilet $15
new light $50 to $200
blind is about $75 to $100

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Toonces on February 15, 2021, 08:26:05 PM
Still not sure about the wall, though.

is a god damn battleship gray wall in a small space.  stupid doesnt begin to describe that idea.
its the second biggest problem in that space after the 70s floor.

GDS_Starfury

when the floor goes down the base boards and toilet come up.
replace the base boards with just a rectangular form wood thats 2.5 inches high.  that will play off the cabinets style well.
if you want a new shitter this is the time to get it.

Gusington

All of this is great, mostly because it steers Toonces away from painting the tile and making the bathroom look like a kindergarten.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

for a $1000 he can have a new room.
good design isnt expensive.

Sir Slash

The flooring Star's describing is almost an exact match for what the Wife choose for our kitchen through to the bedrooms in our house. I didn't care for it at first but now I've gotten used to it and like it much better than the old stuff. And it was easy and quick to put down and, like he said, not terribly expensive.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

Awesome stuff.

I'll start working on this idea with my wife and see what we can come up with.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 15, 2021, 08:22:11 PM
ok, so here Jarheads not that far off.
you can simply go over the tile with vinyl core waterproof laminate flooring.  the tile is flat enough and a pad goes between the tile and the laminate.
some shit like this:

it bridges the wall color with your shaker cabinets and counter top.

I'm not off at all. I'm directly on point. I used vinyl tile flooring in the basement of my first home. It was beautiful and easy to clean and maintain. I used real tile in a small half bathroom, but had the vinyl everyplace else. Its a very good option based on the circumstances you've described.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 15, 2021, 08:31:25 PM
is a god damn battleship gray wall in a small space.  stupid doesnt begin to describe that idea.

Now, if it looked like an actual shrine to a battleship with naval decorations...!  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

GDS_Starfury

vinyl tile is square with an adhesive back that you stick on the floor.
what I showed is a vinyl laminate floating floor that has a vapor barrier pad underneath it.
two very different things.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on February 16, 2021, 04:43:00 PM
vinyl tile is square with an adhesive back that you stick on the floor.
what I showed is a vinyl laminate floating floor that has a vapor barrier pad underneath it.
two very different things.

Details, details. Same shit to a layperson.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

ya and thats why the layperson goes out, tries to do it themselves and then spends twice as much after they mess it up and call a pro.