Paper model NASA Orion spacecraft

Started by DoctorQuest, March 25, 2016, 07:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorQuest

For my first and probably last paper model it turned out ok. These are a LOT more work than I ever expected. It could use a little filling here and there. I am going to hang it from the ceiling of my home office.

"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Staggerwing

Same here. I get a big "No Permission' graphic.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

Probably a security clearance issue  :2funny:
Alba gu' brath

DoctorQuest

probably my pic hosting site. sorry :(

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

DoctorQuest

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

avrotim

I can't see it either.  But I have built an Orion model from NASA myself, maybe 4 years back.  The parts did not fit particularly well.  Sounds like it could be the same model.  I wouldnt let this one discourage you from trying some more paper models.  There are plenty of freebies that fit waaaay better than this one.  Delta 7 studios has a really nice Mercury-Redstone rocket, as well as a nice space shuttle.  I have built both and they are very good.  Check em out-

http://www.delta7studios.com/Delta_7_Studios/Free_Models.html
currently working on: Crowbar, Thunder in the East, Attack of the 50 Ft Colossi
Currently building: nothing

DoctorQuest

Thanks, Tim. I'll blame it on the model :) LOL!

I haven't completely given up. We'll see......

avrotim

I have literally 100's of paper models sitting on my hard-drive.  If anyone is interested in a particular plane let me know and I will see if I have a file I can send you (I have mostly planes, but I also have a collection of buildings and vehicles too).  I'm here to evangelize the cardstock model hobby!
currently working on: Crowbar, Thunder in the East, Attack of the 50 Ft Colossi
Currently building: nothing