Victory at Sea Ironclad

Started by MC, November 16, 2020, 01:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

steve58

There is a demo!!!!  I think its only active until Feb 9th.

As part of the current Steam Festival, there is a demo of VAS Ironclad.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1299330/Victory_At_Sea_Ironclad/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Tripoli

"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

rustyshackleford

Wow, it's a great time to be a naval wargamer! We are being spoiled.

FWIW the demo runs on Linux using Steam Proton :clap:

Sir Slash

HOT DAMN! Got my next 2 days planned-out.  :D  Gotta go empty my bowels now so I'll be all set.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

This looks very cool.  I must have mixed this up with another game because I'm just now checking it out.

They had me at "American Civil War."   :smitten:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

steve58

I want to like this game, but having trouble getting past the interface.  :-\   Just me, or anyone else?
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

I haven't been able to get the demo to run at all on my computer, but I'll keep trying.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Toonces

I was wondering how you guys were playing this and then I just now saw the demo download link.  8GB is a lot of disk space for a demo...gotta think on this one a bit.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

JasonPratt

Part of the livestream, on Youtube.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Another part of the livestream (I think):

Toonces

Just got notified this is released in EA: $35 clams.

After my War on the Sea experience I'm not so sure I need to be the first guy to buy this on GH...   :knuppel2:

Sir Slash

I am squarely on the fence waiting for opinions.