Ultimate Admiral: Age of Sail

Started by RedArgo, December 18, 2018, 01:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedArgo

Just saw this while over on the Naval Action forum.  No details yet, but it looks nice.  Same people who do the Ultimate General series I believe.

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/27840-work-in-progress-uitimate-admiral-age-of-sail/

Gusington

Hmm...which is supposed to come out first? This or Ultimate Admiral - Dreadnoughts?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: RedArgo on December 18, 2018, 01:15:04 PM
Just saw this while over on the Naval Action forum.  No details yet, but it looks nice.  Same people who do the Ultimate General series I believe.

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/27840-work-in-progress-uitimate-admiral-age-of-sail/

Looks pretty fun.  Sort of reminds me of the earliest Sid Meyer's pirates where you could land your musketeers and spike the guns etc. etc.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Gusington on December 18, 2018, 02:20:02 PM
Hmm...which is supposed to come out first? This or Ultimate Admiral - Dreadnoughts?

Whoever wins, we win?!  :smitten:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

I really WANTSNEEDS Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts. I get a little nervous when developers, especially small ones, start announcing projects all willy nilly wacky fruity...focus, man!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

RedArgo

I agree, they need to focus on finishing Naval Action first, before they do more Ultimate games.

Gusington

I scour the internet every other day looking for release info on Dreadnoughts...IIRC some kind of testing began about a month ago but I don't know if it was alpha, beta, etc.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on December 19, 2018, 10:01:42 AM
I really WANTSNEEDS Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts. I get a little nervous when developers, especially small ones, start announcing projects all willy nilly wacky fruity...focus, man!

They probably spoke to some marketting experts and it went like this:

Marketting Experts: So what's this "dreadnoughts" thing?
  Developers: Is way to speak of...things...
  Marketting Experts: What kind of things?
  Developers: Predreadnoughts so far.
  Marketting: Oh I like that...kind of a thing before another thing..like pre-owned or pre-baked
  Developers: Exactly
  Marketting: so there were some kind of precursor ships, like aliens, but built in shipyards
  Developers: Exactly
  Marketting: Could some of them be aliens
  Developers: or vampires
  Marketting: like in Nova Scotia?
  Developers: Or other islands...maybe
  Marketting: Islands are a good idea...could we have more of those
  Developers: Sure
  Marketting: with pirates and vampires and aliens  -- it could be all new -- none of those are popular unlike say, cowboys or zombies
  Developers: No...no pirates...we had those...aliens and cowboys and vampires -- sure
  Marketing: and could have a catchy name like shampoo
  developers: sounds very good
  Marketting: again, shampoo isn't popular, but that's what's so good about it-- it goes with vampires, aliens and cowboys 

Gusington

^ I love you.

Can I have the game now?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Gusington on December 19, 2018, 02:50:35 PM
^ I love you.

Can I have the game now?

They are working on it.  It looks like Sid Meyer's Pirates! X10 but without the pirates!

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Pretty sure that's either Man-o-War Corsair, or the Battlefleet Gothic games.  :))
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Destraex

Single player only has me concerned. As does it being so simple like total war naval battles, which were kinda passé. But I love the idea of landings. Will land battles be included? I cannot imagine this will be as good as naval action in terms of immersion? Unless we are building the ships to a complicated plan etc. what of the age of steam game from the same team?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MengJiao

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 19, 2018, 10:13:40 PM
Pretty sure that's either Man-o-War Corsair, or the Battlefleet Gothic games.  :))

I think the working title is Command (because its the dullest title they could come up with and they want to stay away complex
real-time, rogue-like strategy-oriented sandbox names like Vampire Umpire Empire, or Cowboy Shampoo)

PS...by the way Steam and Iron (or even Steamed and Ironing or even the Irony of Steam or the Steam of Irony) is a great name and should be used as a  working title
for any naval game...I think.