Look what I got at the Duxford Flying Legends Airshow Today

Started by JudgeDredd, July 12, 2015, 04:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

woohoo - all 3 are 1/32 scale

I'm not a huge Revell fan, but these were pretty cheap for the scale...so I thought I'd cut my teeth on them. The Spit was £23, The Trumpeter Bf 109 was £33 and the Focke Wulf was £45
Alba gu' brath

Nefaro

Barthheart

:o £45 for a plastic model!?! Yikes!

Mind you I haven't bought a model in a loooooong time but still.....

EDIT

Well it seems I waaaaay out off touch with model prices. Just looked up a 1/32 model of an HE 111 and it's $80 over here.... Ouch!

Bison

Looks like you have a good amount of leisurely quiet time ahead of you JD.   

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

WOW! Like I said I'm way out of date with scale modelling....  :o

1:32 is a great scale to work with. Details and number of parts are usually great.

Have fun JD and post some pics.

Bison

Yeah I about crapped myself a few weeks ago when I was looking at models and N scale train set components at the local RC/Model hobby store.  The little N scale locomotives were running about $100-$120.  And the models were in the $50+ range.

DoctorQuest

Good quality models are not cheap these days. And scale railroading has gone through the roof with the introduction of high tech digital controls and such. You can drop $300-$600 on a locomotive very easily.

I spent $30 on my Quest Dragonfly model. And it did not have a lot of parts. That being said...the parts fit was perfect and it is a sturdy model due to the thickness of the plastic.

Nice find, JD. Enjoy!
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

LongBlade

Quote from: Barthheart on July 12, 2015, 07:42:01 PM
:o £45 for a plastic model!?! Yikes!

Mind you I haven't bought a model in a loooooong time but still.....

EDIT

Well it seems I waaaaay out off touch with model prices. Just looked up a 1/32 model of an HE 111 and it's $80 over here.... Ouch!

That's not uncommon for a decent model these days. $20 doesn't go too far in the modeling biz any more.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Cool beans, Judge. Can't wait to see the finished product!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JudgeDredd

They'll be a while LB.

I've got

• Revell 1/72 P-47 Bubble Top
  • Airfix 1/72 Me-262
  • Hasegawa 1/72 Mitsubishi Zero
  • Hasegawa 1/72 Me-262
  • Hasegawa 1/72 Arado
  • ?? 1/72 Sea Harrier

I want to practice my airbrushing skills on those before I get up close and personal with the 1/32 kits.

All these new modelling techniques (new to me) are killing the time I have. Filling, sanding, pre-shading, spraying, painting the frame on the glass, internals, weathering. I remember simpler times when you needed two or 3 basic tins of paint, some glue and 30 minutes!  ;D

But I can't wait either.
Alba gu' brath

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.