Armored Brigade II Announced from Matrix - 3D

Started by Grim.Reaper, September 12, 2023, 05:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skoop

Combat mission is only PVP.  I'd love to see them add coop.  You could finally pull off the multi battalion scenario by delegating different taskforces to your buddies.   

Destraex

Quote from: Sigwolf on Yesterday at 07:38:29 PM
Quote from: Destraex on Yesterday at 04:51:06 PMA real shame as even if players do not play multiplayer a lot practise single player knowing that one day the opportunity to playnwith friends or against them is an option. That is usually my philosophy when buying games. I want to know their is something more at the end of the single player experience with it's often limited AI.

You have a lot of competition in this area of which most have multiplayer:
Warno
Combat mission
Broken arrow

Plus a tonne of operational level games that often have multi

I will stick to warno but know that I would probably like your game better if it had multiplayer coop.

There is also a large contingent of people that like this type of game and don't have any desire to have a multiplayer component.  Moreover, they lament the amount of developer time that has recently been devoted to multiplayer at the expense of the single player experience.

There are a lot of multiplayer wargames, but there is still a market for single player wargames.  It is a rare specimen, and often requires a large budget, to pull off both with one title.

Missed opportunity as far as I am concerned. I know I am in the minority on this forum when it comes to multiplayer and thus will be outgunned on this topic. But that's fine. I often lament the time spent developing for console and other games for single player. But for games like armored brigade... this game is one best served against or with a human player where possible. As for single player being rare.... it was the rule for wargames for a very long time. 1v1 being the only relief. Then we got more coop games and now we are still limited when it comes to pure wargames. It's rare with the more complicated wargames to get anything but 1v1 still.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"