Feedback on Civ 5 AAR - Scramble for Africa

Started by bayonetbrant, January 18, 2014, 04:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

The Southern Hemisphere Integration Treaty bit will have me chuckling for a while. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Windigo

when that city of yours gets established between the two halves of portugeuse land... its gonna be a pissed off Pia... very unlikely you'll get that defensive pact extended... I can see some dark clouds in your great empire's future
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Martok

Well it's not like he has much choice.  It's either expand, or eventually wither and die... 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

I'm wondering how much trouble that new Brit city of Port Sudan is likely to be.  Otherwise, though, sounds like everything is going quite swimmingly at the moment!

bbmike

So I discovered this AAR today and just read parts 1-6 and became addicted. Maybe I'm missing something simple but is there an index to this? I know that part 9 is on the front page but I can't find parts 7 or 8 anywhere!  :o
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Quote from: bbmike on July 03, 2014, 03:20:56 PMSo I discovered this AAR today and just read parts 1-6 and became addicted.
HUzzah!

Quote from: bbmike on July 03, 2014, 03:20:56 PMMaybe I'm missing something simple but is there an index to this? I know that part 9 is on the front page but I can't find parts 7 or 8 anywhere!  :o

Front page > AARs drop down (right below the logo on the left) > Civ V Africa

Or here: http://grogheads.com/?cat=119
index of the entire category, counting backwards from current

We're going to get a better sortable/searchable index by the end of the year.  It's one of my personal goals.  But I gotta talk to my dev first about his free time.

bbmike

So I was right, I was missing something.  :D
Now back to reading...
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Fresh new AAR today!  Get it while it lasts!

Martok

Is Ethiopia on some kind of tear up north that both Belgium and Egypt are so eager to take it out?  For that matter, I don't understand why they don't simply team up together and leave you out of it...  ??? 

TheCommandTent

Good luck with your "Kaliningrad'ed" (can you even use it like that?) city.   :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

I'm going back... back... baaaaaaaack!  To.   Africaaaaaaaa!

http://grogheads.com/?p=5488

Martok

The Snark is definitely strong with you today, Brant.  Couldn't stop laughing at the commentary.  :2funny: 

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Martok on August 21, 2014, 01:34:47 PM
The Snark is definitely strong with you today, Brant.  Couldn't stop laughing at the commentary.  :2funny:

+1
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."