Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo B

Tank of the day No 45: Russian Tank BT-7A, a variation of the BT-7 mounting a 76mm infantry gun.
improving gun pushing, also a new building is in the works

Jo B

Tank of the day No 46: The M2 halftrack car, generally mounted with a .50 caliber machine gun, was used as a scout vehicle.

Jo B

Gun of the Day 47: 57 mm PTB onr 43.
working on GUI changes and combat dialogs.

Jo B

Tank of the day No 48: Panzerkampfwagen VI Ausf. B Tiger II (called Royal Tiger and King Tiger by Allied soldiers)
working on combat dialogs and new symbols.

jomni

That's some extreme gun depression.

al_infierno

Quote from: al_infierno on September 05, 2019, 01:05:24 PM
This thread is like the social media feed of a brand new girlfriend.   :smitten:

I just wanted to reiterate this comment.  This thread moistens my loins.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

MiguelHQ

What a great work you're doing Jo!  :clap:
Which software are you using for the editor and the game? how much months of work until now, Im impressed! O0

SirAndrewD

This is looking great. 

Can't wait to give it a spin.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Sir Slash

Maybe somewhere down the line, a Spanish Civil War version of this game?  :dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jo B

Quote from: MiguelHQ on October 08, 2019, 01:15:00 AM
What a great work you're doing Jo!  :clap:
Which software are you using for the editor and the game? how much months of work until now, Im impressed! O0

I use Unity, he uses Maya. we work fulltime since April 2018.

the new combat dialogs. At bottom left the last shot is shown.
makes it easier to know what happend.

Jo B

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 08, 2019, 09:53:59 AM
Maybe somewhere down the line, a Spanish Civil War version of this game?  :dreamer:
for that we need the partisans

Jo B

the combat results of last shot are shown bottom left.
these appear timed one after the other when bullets reach the target hex.

the scene from the firing Panzer IVH video