Disney/Pixar

Started by Emeraldlis, July 29, 2015, 04:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emeraldlis

I'm sure I'm going to get some major flack for starting a Disney thread , lol , oh well  ;D

I went to see the new Disney Pixar movie  "inside out" yesterday with my daughter , and I have to say the cinema was crammed , and yes there were a lot of guys in there , granted they were with their kids and families mostly , although one guy in front of me had definately been dragged their by his girlfriend , sensible man !!

It was the best Pixar movie I've seen since finding Nemo  O0  it was very cleverly written , and if anyone has a pre-teen daughter on the verge of hormonal melt down you should go and see it . Some parts had us all in the cinema laughing our heads off , and some parts were sad and quite profound . I teared  up a few times , maybe that was just me though  :)

I'd say they will make a sequel because it ends when the girl Riley is twelve years old . I'd definately go and see it if they do . I had a very enjoyable evening :)

I'll say sorry in advance for starting an unmanly topic ,hahahaha, ALTHOUGH  I'd say a bunch of very manly men probably wrote and animated this movie , soooooooooo I'm sure all you guys out there will be ok with this thread :) 
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

A bad hobbit is hard to break - Staggerwing
Booooo!!!!! Repeat !!!!!!!   - MetalDog

undercovergeek

Quote from: Emeraldlis on July 29, 2015, 04:16:40 PM
I'm sure I'm going to get some major flack for starting a Disney thread , lol , oh well  ;D

I went to see the new Disney Pixar movie  "inside out" yesterday with my daughter , and I have to say the cinema was crammed , and yes there were a lot of guys in there , granted they were with their kids and families mostly , although one guy in front of me had definately been dragged their by his girlfriend , sensible man !!

It was the best Pixar movie I've seen since finding Nemo  O0  it was very cleverly written , and if anyone has a pre-teen daughter on the verge of hormonal melt down you should go and see it . Some parts had us all in the cinema laughing our heads off , and some parts were sad and quite profound . I teared  up a few times , maybe that was just me though  :)

I'd say they will make a sequel because it ends when the girl Riley is twelve years old . I'd definately go and see it if they do . I had a very enjoyable evening :)

I'll say sorry in advance for starting an unmanly topic ,hahahaha, ALTHOUGH  I'd say a bunch of very manly men probably wrote and animated this movie , soooooooooo I'm sure all you guys out there will be ok with this thread :)

i mentioned it in the 40 cent at the movies thread, which is a good 'drive by thread' for dropping short reviews in - dont worry about the lack of manliness, i mentioned in my post that my daughter (8) loved it whilst i had to lean over and out of sight and cry like a girl!!

bob48

Unfortunately, my granddaughter's not old enough to appreciate it yet, so I've no excuse to go and see it.

I could talk the missus as she's an OAP - does that count?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

undercovergeek

Quote from: bob48 on July 29, 2015, 05:16:32 PM
Unfortunately, my granddaughter's not old enough to appreciate it yet, so I've no excuse to go and see it.

I could talk the missus as she's an OAP - does that count?

You're going to cry like a girl when I show her that message

bob48

No custard-creams for YOU when you visit.....

'Clip those corners'

Emeraldlis

Hey undercover geek , I should have paid the 40 cent at the movies thread  a visit first , oops , I'll do that next time !!  That's cool that you liked it , and at least crying like a girl in front of kids would have got you some sympathy at least :)  when bing bong died , omg I was nearly in floods of tears , and I thought he was going to make it , but damn it he didn't :(  I think this movie will be a classic in the future .

Bob48 definately drag the Mrs along , and if anyone asks just say your checking it's suitable viewing for your granddaughter when she gets old enough  ;D  also oaps get in cheaper sooooo maybe your mrs can get you in cheaper too , lol , ( I'm ducking just in case you're throwing that custard pie back at me !!! )  O:-)
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm " winston Churchill 😉
"Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune , or to take arms against a sea of trouble ,and by opposing end them "  hamlet  🎭

undercovergeek

Oh my, she went there....... BOB!!!!!!!!

Fight fight fight

bob48

...custard pies at the ready...................on the word of command..........and................THROW!

'Clip those corners'

DoctorQuest

Agreed. Great movie. I took my 28 and 30 year old "kids". (My 28 year old daughter was the one who really wanted to see it. She is planning a "Joy" costume for Halloween.)

They really nailed the husband/wife emotional dynamic. "She's looking at us!"
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bob48 on July 31, 2015, 04:22:00 PM
...custard pies at the ready...................on the word of command..........and................THROW!

LOL ......oi , it hit me !!! Well then let battle commence  :knuppel2:  if there's a fight about to go down in Newcastle I better get prepared .........

1/ down a few bottles of Newcastle brown ale , pronto  ;)
2/ followed by a couple of bottles of cheap plonk from the off license  O0
3/ get my hair cut like Cheryl Cole , then tie my hair up in the tightest pony tail ever that screams ,
"don't mess with me pet "  :knuppel2:
4/ find suitable attire to wear , a tracksuit with the word juicy plastered across my a$$ , in bright neon pink will do the job   ^-^  :-*
5/ get a tattoo with the names of my current beaux Fred,John,Tom,dick and Harry !!  :smitten:
6/ get the tattoo erased ....replace with new tattoo of barbed wire and the words " I will survive " and the names of my six kids , Chanel , Chantelle , Courtney , Chloe , cor Mac  and  Christian  , awwww :)
7/ soak up some of the afore mentioned alcohol with a giant donor kebab ..... I think I'm ready !!  :D

Awright pet ......I've got a custard pie ready and waiting ..........oh "hold the phone " , I forgot to brush up on my Catherine Cookson .....and where's my "let Sean bean live " t-shirt gone ???? I'll be right back in a mo ........... :D

bob48

...I'm off-ski......just remembered I've gorra gan doon the toon for wor lass...........

'Clip those corners'

Emeraldlis

Quote from: bob48 on August 01, 2015, 02:12:40 PM
...I'm off-ski......just remembered I've gorra gan doon the toon for wor lass...........

Hahahaha , great accent there Bob , I think you're a native  ;D