Florida deserves its own thread

Started by besilarius, September 18, 2015, 06:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

Key West... Great food, lots of bars, sunset at the southernmost point in the U.S.  :bd:  Watch your wallets and cameras.  :coolsmiley: 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Staggerwing

My folks live about 20 min north of KW now but back in the 80's and early 90's they lived in KW itself, along one of the canals next to Key West international Airport. You could walk down to the end of the street and watch PBA Airlines' southern route DC-3's and Martin 404's land and take off on their way to and from Miami. I've actually flown on both types during visits back then. Way more fun than regional jets.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Gusington

Not watching airplanes right now...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

How is it you're able to type and do that at the same time?  <:-)  Both sets of fingers are always busy for me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

steve58

So this lady in Florida pulls an alligator out of her pants...no, really.  :o
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

airboy

That was weird even for Florida.

Sir Slash

That's the new Sexual Assault Prevention Device being sold as also being environmentally friendly AND prevents you from falling asleep while driving. Supports wildlife and a wild life.  :bd:   They're called, 'Gator Guards'. Available in sizes, 'Lose-a-Finger' to 'Lose-a-Hand'. Bass Pro Shops carry them.  :coolsmiley:

besilarius

Miami football fans make comments:

Being a Dolphin fan is like losing your virginity to Jennifer Lawrence and now Lena Dunham won't return your calls.

The entire roster looks like the Thanos Snap actually took place.

Ryan Fitzpatrick showed up to camp weighing just less than a commercial shipping vessel.

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-miami-dolphins-1837009764
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Sir Slash

It's still early!  :D  But... it's also Miami, so.....  :'(

airboy

https://www.outkick.com/florida-woman-wont-stop-skinny-dipping-in-neighbors-pool-gets-arrested/

Poor Canada Man is stuck in the frigid North by the plague - still finds joy (and property destruction) via an internet camera.

Sir Slash

That's why I have specially trained, 'Attack Carp' fish in my pool. Trained to go for the... sensitive... areas of offending Meth-Heads that might try to swim uninvited. And who would invite them anyway? The problem I have is getting the Carp through rehab after they get a Contact High from the Meth-Heads. But I'm working on it.

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

That is weird. You usually only see that during Spring Break.  <:-)

Gusington

That pretty much solidifies my position on never retiring in Florida. That said, wtf is the truck driver doing? Just pull over and then deal with. Trying to fling him off is a sure fire way to get charged in this day and age.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Could be a guy trying-out for the Miami Dolphins practicing getting run-over.  :hide: