Main Menu

Steam Access

Started by Rayfer, August 17, 2020, 05:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Anyone unable to get onto the Steam main store page?  Haven't been able to for the past hour.

Grim.Reaper

Gusington

Was down for me for a couple of hours, back now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on August 17, 2020, 06:03:24 PM
Was down for me for a couple of hours, back now.

Thanks....came back up for me this morning. 

JasonPratt

I had trouble signing in to my Friends list, but not into Steam. Which was weird.

Weirder was that all of a sudden Steam decided that I hadn't played any of my games, and started launching them as though for the first time (although my time and achievements were still kept, and my game saves in the cloud were fine.)

This borked my connection with Triumph games (for multiplayer servers on Age of Wonders 3) completely, so I had to get a new password. At first I thought it was a problem with Triumph servers (which are kind of notorious, and they've had an influx of players recently), but then I saw every Steam game I opened acting amnesiac.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Rayfer

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 18, 2020, 08:05:49 AM
I had trouble signing in to my Friends list, but not into Steam. Which was weird.

Weirder was that all of a sudden Steam decided that I hadn't played any of my games, and started launching them as though for the first time (although my time and achievements were still kept, and my game saves in the cloud were fine.)

This borked my connection with Triumph games (for multiplayer servers on Age of Wonders 3) completely, so I had to get a new password. At first I thought it was a problem with Triumph servers (which are kind of notorious, and they've had an influx of players recently), but then I saw every Steam game I opened acting amnesiac.

Wow, that's terrible....I had nothing like that happen.  Just couldn't get  onto the store page. 

Gusington

When it went down I was able to access my library but that was it. Could not connect to friends and could not get to the store.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Quote from: Gusington on August 18, 2020, 09:27:18 AM
When it went down I was able to access my library but that was it. Could not connect to friends and could not get to the store.
+1
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin