Men of War Assault Squad 2 Cold War

Started by AchillesLastStand, September 11, 2019, 10:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AchillesLastStand

Is set for release tomorrow the 12th.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1135240/Men_of_War_Assault_Squad_2__Cold_War/

The legendary Men of War RTS series has finally reached the cold war era. Take command of either U.S. or Soviet forces, fulfill mission objectives and claim victory!

Control vast armies of regular and specialized units, including support vehicles, light and heavy tanks, artillery vehicles, combat helicopters and game-changing jet fighters. Take to the battlefields of destroyed cities, fortified border zones, rural farmlands, destroyed airbases and sleepy winter villages in the latest installment of this classic RTS series, in which strong leadership and good management are the keys to success.

For the first time in the series, dynamic campaign generation makes its debut. Men of War: Assault Squad 2 – Cold War gives players nearly endless experiences in both singleplayer and cooperative campaign modes!
Key features:
Pick your side: The United States of America versus the Soviet Union.
Dynamic campaign generator makes singleplayer and co-op extremely replayable, with randomized skirmishes and custom army compositions.
Competitive online multiplayer modes.
Combined Arms mode: Capture and hold flag points using all means available.
Annihilation mode: Dominate the enemy or capture their base; valuable resources can also be secured on the battlefield.
Command large armies or control single units with the series-defining Direct Control Mode.

Price will be 24.99 USD plus a 10% off release discount.
Spent thousands of hours playing Men of War and Assault Squad 1/2, probably a instant purchase for me. Also look forward to the setting.

mbar

Well that came out of nowhere for me. Nice price.

Jarhead0331

I'll be getting this too, but its not as exciting considering that there have been fantastic Cold War mods available for the game for many years. The dynamic campaign system sounds interesting though, for sure.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

mbar

Be sure to check the Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Complete Your Set BUNDLE

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12027/Men_of_War_Assault_Squad_2__Complete_Your_Set/

If you have everything else you can get a bit more of a discount.

Grim.Reaper

This game seems to be getting crushed even more than usual at steam....look forward to hearing feedback from folks here

al_infierno

^ Holy yeezus, you're not joking.  7% positive reviews out of 80?!?!
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jarhead0331

While I'm certainly disappointed, I can't say I'm surprised. I think it would have been much smarter for them to make this a DLC and price it accordingly, rather then making it appear essentially as a stand-alone game and charging over $20. Stupid.  :idiot2: 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

AchillesLastStand

Yes, apologies. I almost feel embarrassed for posting this. The reviews now are at around 13% and it isn't looking good.

Only 5 maps.
Units have hit bars which means infantry fire can eventually take out a tank{but can be changed on hardcore mode}.
Reused voice overs from previous titles.
Not a big variety of units.
Inaccuracies in units and their armaments.

Sometimes the best game purchases are the ones you don't make.

mbar

Gusington

Damn. I was starting to get excited too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MC

Quote from: mbar on September 13, 2019, 08:09:58 AM
I don't know. Looks legit.

The pilot must be named Paul Bunyan. Not interested in a logging sim.....I'll pass on this one.

Sir Slash

Damn, that's a tough chopper. I thought trees usually won those fights.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Rimmy and his crew were amused, but... well...

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

SirAndrewD

Yowzers.  Well, don't feel bad for bringing this up. 

Saved me a purchase. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback