Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter....

Started by Staggerwing, February 15, 2012, 09:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

^I'm about to buy a copy from Amazon. Maybe LB and Brant will allow for a review of it here. I'm thinking Necronomicon, or whatever that WWI demon shooter game is called, will be a good gaming compliment for it too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on February 16, 2012, 02:09:50 PM
^I'm about to buy a copy from Amazon. Maybe LB and Brant will allow for a review of it here. I'm thinking Necronomicon, or whatever that WWI demon shooter game is called, will be a good gaming compliment for it too.

Sure. We're eclectic. Book reviews are fine - but we'd like to stick more to gaming so let's not do too many of them.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

Quote from: LongBlade on February 16, 2012, 02:21:48 PM
Quote from: Gusington on February 16, 2012, 02:09:50 PM

Sure. We're eclectic. Book reviews are fine - but we'd like to stick more to gaming so let's not do too many of them.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter would certainly make a good exception to the rule.

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

^See LB the people are clambering for it :)

Yes NecroVision that's it. I almost bought the 'complete pack' for that game a few weeks ago but thought 'what will my OCD mind read while playing this'?

Well now I have the answer!

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Centurion40 on February 16, 2012, 10:34:14 AM
I was kinda hoping that part of the story is that he faked his assassination to focus on huntin' vampires, and that he'd time travel to the present to kill Edward & Bella!!  :)

Not to give too much away...but you're kind of on the right track... 8)

Centurion40

Quote from: Arctic Blast on February 17, 2012, 02:30:59 AM
Quote from: Centurion40 on February 16, 2012, 10:34:14 AM
I was kinda hoping that part of the story is that he faked his assassination to focus on huntin' vampires, and that he'd time travel to the present to kill Edward & Bella!!  :)

Not to give too much away...but you're kind of on the right track... 8)

If a movie executive was searching for a way to pry money out of my wallet, THAT would be one way to do it!  The Avengers is another.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

Haven't bought it yet...looking to throw one other title in their to get the free shipping and make it worth while. Any suggestions?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Centurion40

Quote from: Gusington on February 17, 2012, 11:05:18 AM
Haven't bought it yet...looking to throw one other title in their to get the free shipping and make it worth while. Any suggestions?

I liked WW Z.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

^Read it, I loved it too. I found this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0307595080/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Looks excellent. I may wait a little bit to read a few more titles in my giant queue before buying anything else. Trying to be mature about this :)

We'll see if I can hold out the day.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

Have you read Day by Day Armageddon? Another really good zombie apocalypse survival book. This edition contains it and the second book : http://www.amazon.com/Day-Armageddon-Origin-Exile-Books/dp/1451633033/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1329525203&sr=1-4

Gusington

^ I saw that...will check it out, tks.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Arctic Blast

While we're talking horror books, I'm actually reading a collection HP Lovecraft stuff. I had never previously read anything by him, but my reading up to prepare to play Arkham Horror got me curious. I picked up one of the story collections, and so far it's pretty good.

I have always hated horror in any medium that delves in to slasher flick territory...it isn't scary and it isn't particularly interesting. Lovecraft's stuff is intentionally vague, where he described just enough to get your own imagination cranked up and filling in the horrible blanks. Really, really good.

Gusington

^Me too, hate the slasher type thing unless it's like The Shining. Have loved Lovecraft since I was in high school.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd