Wings of Glory WW2

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, November 23, 2015, 06:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

I actually like the look of those on the Empire of the Sun map.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Silent Disapproval Robot

It's a nice map but kind of the wrong scale.

I got my (hopefully) final shipment of Wings of Glory and out of print Wings of War stuff today.

The new city map meshes nicely with the coastal map.

So, on to the latest planes.

The French Dewoitine D.520.  It looks nice but I don't know how much use I'll get out of it.  I can't see early Battle of France scenarios being too much of a hit with the crowd I play with.  It's hard enough to pull them away from Armada or X-Wing as it is.

Spitfire Mk. II with Czechoslovak markings.

Spitfire Mk. I with Photo Recon Unit paint scheme.

Gloster Sea Gladiator Mk. I.

Italian Fiat CR.42 Falco with Rinaldi's paint scheme.

German Bf. 109 E-3 with Werner Molders's paint scheme.

Bf. 109 E-3 with Wilhlem Balthazar's paint scheme.

Ju-87 B-2 Stuka from 1./STG.3

Two USMC Grumman F4F-3 Wildcats from VMF-224 and one USN F4F-4 Wildcat from VF-29.

(and I got two more Japanese D3A1 Val dive bombers for the Wildcats to shoot at.)

Silent Disapproval Robot

More stuff arrived today.  That should be the last until the new minis are released.

I got a new countryside mat and 3 new planes. 

The first is a Bf-110C-4 night fighter.  I think I'll try to glue some "stag's antlers" Lichtenstein radar antennae onto it to give it a more distinctive look.

The second is a FW-190D-13.  love the camo on this one.  It works really well with the countryside mat. 

Finally, I got another P-51D.  This one's pretty famous.  It's the "Big Beautiful Doll" from the 357th fighter squadron. Most of the shots I've seen of it have the lettering in black with a red outline.  Not sure why they went with straight red on this paint scheme. 

The countryside mat.

Now I just have to convince the local gaming group to put down the X-Wing and give WWII a whirl.  Ever since the newest Star Wars movie came out, the number of X-Wing players is through the roof.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I ordered a couple of ships for Sails of Glory and added in The Memphis Belle B-17F in order to bring my total up enough to get free shipping.  Really nice looking model.  Two of the props were pretty badly bent and the plastic very weakened on arrival but hopefully a couple of blobs of glue will set that right.

Here are a couple of stock photos of the miniature because my camera kinda sucks.

BanzaiCat

Dang, that sure is a purty plane, boy...