Aircraft Carrier Survival

Started by Jarhead0331, October 13, 2020, 01:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

This one almost slipped past my radar...see what I did there?

Seriously, it looks pretty cool.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1021100/Aircraft_Carrier_Survival/
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

airboy

I'm surprised nobody has made one before.  The classic "glass hammer" and the damage control effectiveness of the Japanese and American ships made an impact on the margins.

Sir Slash

This looks unique enough to be a hit. I guess we'll see when the time comes.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

fran

Will give the demo a go. Looks interesting.

Phantom

Was there something similar to this but with a destroyer - or am I thinking of the board game Picket Duty?

Ian C

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 13, 2020, 01:22:30 PM
This one almost slipped past my radar...see what I did there?

I raise my CAP to you sir !

W8taminute

I think you stirred the Hornet's nest with this thread JH.

Saw a let's play stream the other day about it.  This game kind of reminds me of UBoot.  Looks cool but if it's anything like UBoot I fear it might get boring fast. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bobarossa

I don't think it will make any Halsey of Fame though.

SirAndrewD

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

WYBaugh

SirAndrewD

Quote from: WYBaugh on October 14, 2020, 06:34:47 PM
I think you're getting carriered away

I disagree.  I think it's quite Intrepid.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Was just coming here to add this to a "Did you know" thread, but wound up wishlisting here so instead...!

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!