Main Menu

Go Broncos

Started by JudgeDredd, January 25, 2016, 05:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on January 31, 2016, 04:19:26 PM
Quote from: Bison on January 31, 2016, 04:18:21 PM
A little over two weeks until pitchers and catchers

There's a common thread of Houston sports.  I'm trying to piece it together.  Playoffs.  Lose.  Ah crap I cannot organize my thoughts on Houston sports very well today.  Sorry,

BanzaiCat

You're barking up the wrong tree, sir. I could give two craps about Houston, let alone its sports. The lone exception is the Texans, but they've worn any edge I've had as a fan down to a stump shorter than Gus's high tops.

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Once the Super Bowl is done, the winter of my discontent begins.  It will not show signs of dissipating until the pre-season starts in August, and doesn't truly end until the regular season launches in September once more. 

I just can't make myself truly care about baseball -- nor have I in ages.  The strike from 20+ years ago sucked out any happiness & enjoyment I once might have been able to derive from watching that sport. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on January 31, 2016, 05:19:09 PM
GO BASEBALL!!!!!!

when does it start - i need to know when to prepare myself for the annual dream team humiliation

mirth

Baseball is like watching grass grow with a baseball game in the way.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

undercovergeek

went to watch a yankees game whilst over there, managed 2 hours, went up empire state building, had lunch in china town, had a drink in the sopranos bar and went shopping - sat in the bar before catching a cab to the hotel, 3 more hours later, it was still on and 0-0

MetalDog

You are all welcome to your opinions.  It's what makes us...us.  However, this is the one time in all of history where an opinion could actually be wrong.  And you are.  All of you.  :P

mirth

I'll give you this, baseball is more interesting than soccer.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

MetalDog

mirth

Cue Brant rage in 3...2...1

OJsDad

I've watched more soccer on TV in the last 4 years than I have baseball in the last 15.  That's how bad BB is.  Heck, Cricket is more exciting than BB.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

It Curling is more exciting than baseball or soccer. And the women curlers are hawt!

OJsDad

Heck, darts and bowling may be more exciting than baseball. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Bison

What a bunch of unAmerican commies.