Afrika Korps by SGS

Started by Boggit, October 31, 2020, 03:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boggit

The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

JasonPratt

I've been locked this week on other projects, but I'm hoping to get those done and out of my head by this weekend.

(...I'm pretty sure I recall I start as the Allies on this first round, and for OpE the Allies set up the game and email the Axis player.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Boggit

Quote from: JasonPratt on December 04, 2020, 12:33:49 PM
I've been locked this week on other projects, but I'm hoping to get those done and out of my head by this weekend.

(...I'm pretty sure I recall I start as the Allies on this first round, and for OpE the Allies set up the game and email the Axis player.)
Just cut and pasted from my earlier post...

You're up against MC in the first round of three scenarios each. Your side will be

JasonPratt Allies/Axis/Allies MC Axis/Allies/Axis

I hope you both have a lot of fun with it.
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

nelmsm

Well my opponent got the win in the first scenario and he should be starting up the second soon.  I managed to get Tobruk under control but didn't get any further.  Fun game with a unique system but took a bit to get the interface down and to me the email set up is a bit wonky but we got it all figured out.  Only disappointment I had is that I had to devote a whole brigade to finish off some Italians who were trapped well behind the lines and ping ponged between empty regions everytime I attacked them.  I would have thought, given the history, that being trapped well behind the lines and surrounded by enemy controlled territory, even if they didn't contain troops, they would have surrendered much sooner.  Probably cost me the game because I was having to hunt them down instead of sending them to the front after a turn or two.

nelmsm

Okay, can anyone tell me how I"m supposed to get air units out of Italy and Tripoli to front?  I'm on hold to I can figure this one out. 

Philthib

Click and drag units to the destination (if within range) is the first way to do so.
Sometimes it does not work for some reason (like the mouse not moving above allowed region), so the second way is much easier and faster, as explained in the air movement tutorial

1. Select the air unit you need to move with a RIGHT click (instead of the usual left), you will see the map turn green in all regions you can reach with them. The mouse pointer will show a little horizontal black arrow too

2. then LEFT click to the region of destination

and that's it  8)

Philthib

Quote from: 88mmkwk on November 24, 2020, 02:07:21 AMI'll quit mentioning Game Manual notes if you are not interested in them....

I almost never come here, for lack of time (too many other pressing matters every day, as we are preparing a major update for this game), so the easiest would be for you to email those comments. I am of course interested in having them included in the manual  8)

nelmsm

Well I'd love to email you but where do I find an email address for you????  These units are in the off map Italy and Tripoli boxes and right clicking on the air units in the air movement phase does nothing.

nelmsm

Well figured out part of my problem as I had forgotten to click done playing cards button and I was able to move the air units out of Tripoli but the units in Italy are not showing any where to move to?

Millipede

Okay, next Afrika Korps problem!

Shelldrake and I are supposed to be playing Op. E 1940 with me as the Axis, so Shell goes first and sends me his turn. So far so good... or not. When I try to load the turn file that Shell has sent, no matter what I try, the game puts me in the position of playing the Allies. It seems pretty pointless for both of us to be playing the same side.

My best guess is that one of us (probably me) is clicking on the correct button in the wrong order or vice versa. Anyway, we've been trying to get the game started for the last week, at least, and I'm at a loss to figure out what to try next. All suggestions, comments etc. will be gratefully accepted.

Btw, the manual (sucks) says that there is a PBEM pdf in the manual appendices and accessible in game. Wrong on both counts!

nelmsm

Quote from: nelmsm on December 11, 2020, 03:57:47 PM
Okay, can anyone tell me how I"m supposed to get air units out of Italy and Tripoli to front?  I'm on hold to I can figure this one out.

Well got the units moved out Tripoli but I'll be damned if I can get them out of Italy.  Hopefully when I capture Cyrencia I can move them from Italy to there.  Part of the problem is when you open the Italy box it covers so much of the map you may not be able to see where they can move under it.  I had to fiddle around to get the map just right before I opened the Italy box to where I can see the playable map.  I know a lot of us are older gamers but I don't thnk Mr. Magoo is playing so you could downsize that box some to make it easier.

88mmkwk

Strategic Bombing - Can't find any mention of it in the manual, but it's an option for off map air units.  Anyone know how it works?  Why strategic bomb vs direct attack (in game mechanics)?  How will I see the effects?
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

nelmsm

Well on turn 3 of the 2nd scenario and the game never saved the German turn and just rolled right into the Allied turn for me to play as well.  Also, during the defensive air phase I had areas showing green for air units still in Italy but wouldn't accept the air units when I drug them there.  I've offered my opponent either a start over or a concession, whichever he prefers.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

88mmkwk

Got an answer.... I sent the question about Strategic Bombing to Avalon Digital and they responded "Yes this is not in the game. The button and all related action will be removed in the next patch"  ???
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces