2015 Grogheads Fantasy Baseball League

Started by Bison, March 06, 2015, 10:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

that happened to me back in week 3. I was actually competitive there for a little while, and have now started my traditional descent to the bottom of the table
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

Yeah this was a crazy week so I set my pitchers based on projected start dates on Sunday night and then forgot to check them on Tuesday or Wednesday.  I need sleep. 

Marty Ward

As the beneficiary of your brain fart I appreciate the extra wins but I don't like the minimum innings limit. I can see where it could be a good thing to keep people managing their teams but in this league it seems like everyone is somewhat active. I'd be good with lowering the limit to 10 innings or even 5.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

MetalDog

Active participation has not always been a hallmark of the GH fantasy baseball leagues.  I remember one year, Gus AND (I think) 40Cent not making a move ALL year!  And real life certainly can get in the way of our fake games, but making 20 innings is the act of 5 minutes on a Wednesday and a Sunday.  With very few exceptions, I think we can all make that.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

undercovergeek

Wait, what?

They don't change any other days?

MetalDog

They change every day.  It's just  a matter of a small bit of research to know when a starting pitchers next start is.  There is always a little square to the right of a players name.  Clicking it will open another window which gives you quick stats and any newsworthy items on that player in the last 48 hours.  There is also a schedule and a starting pitchers next start will have a ^ next to the date.  If you check in every three days or so, you can set your lineup for the next three days and know what day your starting pitcher takes his turn.

undercovergeek

Quote from: MetalDog on May 25, 2015, 01:22:11 PM
They change every day.  It's just  a matter of a small bit of research to know when a starting pitchers next start is.  There is always a little square to the right of a players name.  Clicking it will open another window which gives you quick stats and any newsworthy items on that player in the last 48 hours.  There is also a schedule and a starting pitchers next start will have a ^ next to the date.  If you check in every three days or so, you can set your lineup for the next three days and know what day your starting pitcher takes his turn.

So I'm overdoing it changing it every day?

Arctic Blast

Quote from: undercovergeek on May 25, 2015, 01:39:12 PM
Quote from: MetalDog on May 25, 2015, 01:22:11 PM

So I'm overdoing it changing it every day?

Not at all. It usually doesn't take that much time to log in and make daily swaps, so if that works for you I'd say just keep doing it.

Errrr...

Actually, I meant to say that you should never, EVER change your lineup, except to maybe put in your guys who are doing the worst so that their confidence will be boosted and they can make a comeback... >:D

undercovergeek

MetalDog

It may be a little tough for you, considering the time difference, but, I would counsel checking and changing every day.  ESPECIALLY about an hour or less before game time.  That way, you can look at your roster and see which guys are playing and which are sitting.  The ^ for batters means they are in the lineup with their team for that days game.  An x indicates his manager has decided to keep him out of the lineup for that days game.  With the guys we have on our teams, most of which are everyday players, you don't have to usually worry about a guy not playing (unless he's injured (and you should stay on top of that, too)).  But, even the most stalwart player will get an occasional day off and you want to know that as well.

Bison

Well this is the first pitched innings I've ever missed.  I think the number is fine but I got caught by the real teams changing their rotation.  In the end I missed it by 2/3 of an innings.

KyzBP

I use this for checking who's going to be in a lineup each day.  The lineups don't usually appear until 2 hours before the game is scheduled to start.

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

bayonetbrant

geezus...  I'm down 9-0 to the f'n' Placeholders!

Josh Donaldson is killing me
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Marty Ward

Quote from: bayonetbrant on May 28, 2015, 05:38:47 AM
geezus...  I'm down 9-0 to the f'n' Placeholders!

Josh Donaldson is killing me

DAMN. You can't even count on them not getting their innings ether this week.
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

Well you can count on my pitchers not too.  Good fucking grief.  My starters aren't even getting weekly starts right now.  Grrr!!!!!!!!!!!   The team I "manage" will eventually be below the place holders in the league standings.