More Pix For A Laugh

Started by bayonetbrant, January 16, 2013, 05:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

I don't have it handy, but ten or fifteen years ago we received (at the family factory) a Material Safety Data Sheet on water and all the ways it's hazardous to employee health, what they shouldn't do with it, what they should watch out for.

The funniest thing was that there wasn't any attempt to exaggerate with it, it was all entirely plausible things that might happen in or around a factory with water over the course of a year (ice on the parking lot, dangling icicles dropping in a thaw, aspirating while trying to talk and drink from the fountain at the same time, etc.) Everything was soberly typed out in the appropriate 'windows' of the form of the sheet at that time.

We were never sure, consequently, whether it was meant as a joke, or was supposed to be taken seriously. (Thus making it even funnier.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Centurion40

These aren't funny, but they're out there!

Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

this is just begging to be posted

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Barthheart

bayonetbrant

^^^
When titling this thread "more pix for a laugh" I didn't really have wry, ironic laughter in mind  :-[

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

Airborne Rifles

Staggerwing

Quote from: bayonetbrant on August 01, 2013, 06:56:37 PM

Are you sure one of those isn't Gus in a ghillie suit trying to look down the office girls' blouses?

Quote from: Airborne Rifles on August 01, 2013, 07:10:47 PM
[
Which by the way is a pretty funny play In it's own right.

The movie version with Tim Roth and Gary Oldman is just awesome. I recommend watching a version of Hamlet first to refresh the memory and aid in enjoying some of the scenes.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

bayonetbrant

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Windigo

when driving, sometimes my daughter and I play a game where if we see a jeep wrangler we get to give the other a poke and say "Jeep-jab... and the colour of the jeep"

If she's kicking my butt at the game, I will get her with a "Camo-jeep" or "stealth black-jeep".... which of course she never sees.... despite the fact we just passed it    ;D
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth