Bear, Vodka, Stalingrad!

Started by steve58, January 29, 2021, 05:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

rustyshackleford

Quote from: al_infierno on January 30, 2021, 08:36:22 PM
I know it's probably a bit much to ask for historical accuracy in a game about a Russian bear shooting up the Wehrmacht in Stalingrad, but why does he have an AK?!?!  They could have at least used a PPSH model instead...

Or at least a Mosin Nagant!

Oh well, I already drink vodka when I play STALKER - owning another game set in Russia that would require me of partaking in certain Russian spirits while I play couldn't hurt....right? :coolsmiley:

al_infierno

STALKER may be janky as hell, but at least it's a damn good game....... or so my nostalgia tells me  :-\
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Gusington

I never even thought to do shots while playing the Metro games. Noted for next time :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I freely admit that one of my previous little joys was to boot up CK2 and play as Scotland (Moray) while sipping some Clan MacGreggor.   :-"
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^A great loss not having an AAR for that.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I never drink while I'm gaming. I drink BEFORE I game.  :uglystupid2:  And sometimes after.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bobarossa

Quote from: Sir Slash on January 31, 2021, 11:34:12 PM
I never drink while I'm gaming. I drink BEFORE I game.  :uglystupid2:  And sometimes after.
Drinking during gaming is dangerous.  I knocked over a beer while playing War Thunder and ruined my keyboard.  Now I buy waterproof keyboards!

Sir Slash

That's good logistical thinking.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Drinking when buying games is also quite...dangerous.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

rustyshackleford

Quote from: bobarossa on February 01, 2021, 08:37:57 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on January 31, 2021, 11:34:12 PM
Drinking during gaming is dangerous.  I knocked over a beer while playing War Thunder and ruined my keyboard.  Now I buy waterproof keyboards!

Good man!  :clap: Time to find a waterproof keyboard for my gaming habits...

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

I didn't know there was a Beer, Vodka, Fall of Berlin DLC...

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

al_infierno

Given the amount of effort that apparently into each title, I'm surprised there's not more instalments.  You could milk that cow dry.

Bear, Vodka, Kursk.

Bear, Vodka, Crimea.

Bear, Vodka, Budapest.

Bear, Vodka, Konigsberg.

etc, etc....

- MengJiao