Yskonyn's family blessed with babygirl!

Started by Yskonyn, May 02, 2015, 11:24:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Boggit

Congratulations! Is she your first? I still remember the day my daughter was born - hard to believe now that she was so tiny once. (She's taller than her mum now, and soon will be taller than me! ::) ) If you get a chance, post some pics. Congratulations. O0
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Gusington

Excellent news - thanks for posting, Yassy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Congratulations Yskonyn!  I'm not the only grog here with daughters but if you ever need advice let me know!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

steve58

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

OJsDad

Congrats Yskonyn.  Glad all are doing well. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Barthheart

Congrats to you and your family Yskonyn!  O0

Arctic Blast

Congratulations, Yskonyn!

And the Groheads future Army family grows once more.

Yskonyn

Thanks everyone!  O0

Pfew, no later than a day after I posted the initial post we had a bad case here at home. Luckily it all turned out to be false alarm and the little bugger is doing great, but she initially showed signs of having too little oxygen. Her skin tone was overall pretty pale and her feet, hands and the area around her mouth would regularly turn grey-ish.
So mum and herself were admitted to the hospital and kept under surveillance for about 30 hours.
Long story short; heart and lungs are found ok. *exhale!*

They think it might be her nervous system still kicking into 'I am born' mode. The last few days her colour has changed to a nice pink hue overall and her feet and hands are not really discolouring anymore. So like a good Diesel engine, she needs some time to start and warm up, but then things run comfortably. :)

Needless to say it has been a stressful 2 days.

Emma's doing very well now; she's already past theweight she had when she was born.  Getting all the yummy mummy milk she needs aparently.  :D
Very relaxed little girl as well, hardly a cry ever. Much unlike her big brother when he was a baby.
Funny to see a difference in personality so quickly already.  :uglystupid2:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

steve58

Glad to hear your daughter and wife are doing OK after a bit of a scare O0  Congrats again!
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

mirth

Glad things are OK man. Congrats on the addition to the fam!
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Martok

Quote from: steve58 on May 07, 2015, 04:41:53 PM
Glad to hear your daughter and wife are doing OK after a bit of a scare O0  Congrats again!
Seconded.  Now get some rest while/if you can!  ;) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

LongBlade

It's always scary with kids. Glad to hear things are going well.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

panzerde

Glad things are ok Ys. Congratulations on the new addition!  O0
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres