Grand Tactician, American Civil War

Started by Phantom, May 04, 2018, 01:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fabius

Hi Praise in this blog

QuoteSo far we have not shown the game to outsiders of the development team, except in the official updates like these dev blogs. But when a renown strategy game designer Philippe Thibaut asks to have a look at the game... Well, you show the game!

http://www.grandtactician.com/thecivilwar/blog/articles/guest-blog-philippe-thibaut

Rayfer

Quote from: fabius on May 29, 2020, 11:51:53 AM
Hi Praise in this blog

QuoteSo far we have not shown the game to outsiders of the development team, except in the official updates like these dev blogs. But when a renown strategy game designer Philippe Thibaut asks to have a look at the game... Well, you show the game!

http://www.grandtactician.com/thecivilwar/blog/articles/guest-blog-philippe-thibaut

Been following this for a while now....can't remember the last time I was this excited about a new game.

fabius

Yeah, think this one could rocket fuel reignite my interest in US Civil War.

Tanaka

My most highly anticipated game of 2020! Can't wait for this one!

Toonces

Wow!  Have I seen this before?   I don't think so.  Man alive this game looks absolutely fantastic.

I don't throw out "day 1 purchase" lightly, but this certainly feels like that kind of game.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

sandman2575

And it looks like it's coming out much sooner than I expected -- "mid-late summer"

https://steamcommunity.com/app/654890/discussions/0/1638675549010918375/

I'm not a Civil War buff, but this looks absolutely fantastic.  EDIT -- I guess I channeled Toonces, because I wrote that and then saw he had written pretty much the exact same thing !

W8taminute

I really can't wait for this game.  I noticed Philippe has quite the nice website with a lot of interesting products.  Maybe I can find something there to keep me busy until Grand Tactician comes out!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Vintage Dude

This has been at the very top of my wishlist for a long time.

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

devoncop

Quote from: al_infierno on July 03, 2020, 11:41:19 PM
Beta Battle Game Play: Gettysburg

Watched it all. Really impressive stuff.

What is obvious is that this is no clickfest.....the battle has time to develop naturally and with lots of time to think even without using the pause key (which for me given my aversion to RTS battles is quite something !)

As a battle simulator is is amazing but when you consider that this system, as well as being able to be used to replay individual stand alone engagements is also integrated into a whole ACW strategic game the scale is mind blowing.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Father Ted

I've no real interest in the ACW, but I might get this just because of the game design.

hellfish6

Quote from: Father Ted on July 04, 2020, 05:46:10 AM
I've no real interest in the ACW, but I might get this just because of the game design.

My thought exactly.

HoodedHorseJoe

Grand Tactician now has a release date of August of August 21st, where it will release into Early Access.

Steam page hasn't been updated yet.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

HoodedHorseJoe

I've asked about this directly, but it's worth noting that at the time I write this the price is 39.99 for everyone, regardless of regional currency differences.

39.99 USD is actually ~34 EUR, so us Europeans will technically be paying more for the game unless they decide to adjust their pricing.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: WargamerJoe on July 21, 2020, 04:20:31 AM
Grand Tactician now has a release date of August of August 21st, but it's heading to Steam Early Access first.

Steam page hasn't been updated yet.

thanks but a clarification please.  will early access start on august 21 or will early access be sometime prior to august 21st with full release on august 21st?