Main Menu

Toy Soldiers on PC

Started by Gusington, November 29, 2012, 09:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

^True.  but you're still a fairy.  ;)

My post of the violin photo still stands.  I think its safe to say that we all take a step back when we play these games and think about the actual historical losses and lessons associated with them.  That's the beauty of our hobby, which is clearly a mature one.  However, I don't normally associate a game like "Toy Soldiers," with this level of emotion, and insight.  Its valuable whenever it comes to us, but its also nice to have some games in the hobby that are a little more light-hearted.  Toy Soldiers was supposed to be one of them.  Thanks for ruining it for me with guilt.  ;D
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

Just one of the many services I offer.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Beyond my emotional gushing, I, for the life of me cannot beat the f*cking Tzar tank.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Well, it is hard to see the monitor through all the tears....

Gusington

Shut up, I'm the sensitive type. How many missions per campaign?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Gus,

To beat the Czar Tank you need to place fully upgraded arty in all of the big squares.  Level 2 is fine if you haven't unlocked Level 3 yet arty yet.  Don't forget that you can rotate your guns in order to get their firing arcs pointed at the tank as it moves about the battlefield. 

Here is a youtube guide (from the XBOX version but same strategy applies for the PC). 

http://youtu.be/lNXyduZPUv4
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

Thanks W8. Is the Tzar tank the final boss battle or does the campaign continue?

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

LongBlade

Quote from: Gusington on November 30, 2012, 08:40:49 AM
Thanks guys for the above couple of posts...ts been a while since I have felt like this, not sure why a light game llike Toy Soldiers has brought it out...must be the reading I am doing as posted above.

Pinko crybaby.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on December 03, 2012, 09:53:44 PM
Well, it is hard to see the monitor through all the tears....

snigger

full on lunch down nose moment

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on December 04, 2012, 08:08:40 AM
Thanks W8. Is the Tzar tank the final boss battle or does the campaign continue?

No I think the Tsar tank is the third mission.  IIRC there are 10 missions then you play Campaign + as the Germans for 10 more missions.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

undercovergeek

i think after the tank you get to fly some bi planes around as part of your victory conditions

Grimnirsson

QuoteIs the Tzar tank the final boss battle or does the campaign continue?

No, the Tzar Tank is just a warm up...it gets much tougher  8)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

Gusington

Dayum. That tzar tank is frickin' tough even when set on easy.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Gusington on December 04, 2012, 02:30:40 PM
Dayum. That tzar tank is frickin' tough even when set on easy.

Its all about the arty!
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."