Main Menu

NFL QB's on Facebook

Started by Arctic Blast, March 25, 2013, 12:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

I'm with Brant on this one.  It lacked something that I just cannot put my finger on...oh right!  Humor.

BanzaiCat

Yeah, kinda underwhelming, but I did LOL at this little gem:

BOB COSTAS HOLD EVERYTHING

PHILIP RIVERS Diminutive NBC Sportscaster Bob Costas?

BOB COSTAS I'm calling a halftime in this convo so I can deliver another on of my patented BOB COSTAS EDITORIALS!

I hate Bob Costas. Such a jackass.

Bison

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on October 14, 2013, 06:35:45 PM
Yeah, kinda underwhelming, but I did LOL at this little gem:

BOB COSTAS HOLD EVERYTHING

PHILIP RIVERS Diminutive NBC Sportscaster Bob Costas?

BOB COSTAS I'm calling a halftime in this convo so I can deliver another on of my patented BOB COSTAS EDITORIALS!

I hate Bob Costas. Such a jackass.

I want to punt that clown every time I see him.  Instead I turn off the sound or change the channel.   Self righteous little dick who couldn't play a sport to save his life.

Martok

I guess I'm just easy to please, because I laughed my fool head off at this week's entry.  ("BRAINS!")  :D 

I do agree with brant, though:  I'd much prefer they take the time to do them right and post them on Tuesday. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Martok

"The Injury Report" 

Poor Archie Manning.  They turn him into more and more of a dick every week...  :P 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

bayonetbrant

"SNUGGLES THE FABRIC SOFTENER BEAR   I'LL CUT THE NEXT MOTHERFUCKER WHO USES THAT TERM"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

It was more enjoyable this week.

Martok

"Candy Asses": The Halloween Edition

I'd call this one middling -- I've seen worse, I've seen better.  The costume avatars were pretty good, though; my personal favorite was probably Jerry Jones as Skeletor, but Tannehill as Aquaman cracked me up as well.  :D 

Bison

bayonetbrant

some of the funnier bits were the non-QBs, like the people spinning in their graves.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

MIDSEASON AWARDS

I think I'm just gonna start calling Flacco Rodney Dangerfield.  :D 

QuotePEYTON MANNING

Aaaaand the Tony Award for "Best Drama Queen" goes to Romo
;D

Even when he wins, that poor guy can't catch a break! 

QuoteRICHIE INCOGNITO is picking up valuable bullying tips here
Heh. 

QuoteGHOST OF GEORGE BLANDA

(looks up from hell) HEY!

PHILIP RIVERS

George Blanda is in hell?

CARSON PALMER

All Raiders go to hell. It's the deal Al Davis made to win the '84 Super Bowl.
Okay, I'll admit I literally laughed out loud at that bit. 

Bison

bayonetbrant

last week was good.  this week is OK, but progress is sideways, not forward

http://profootballmock.com/facebookchat/nfl-qbs-facebook-fine-line/

but this was pretty funny:
QuoteADRIAN PETERSON  No, I did it. You're just a handoff delivery system with a helmet.

Martok

^  Heh.  Yeah, that was good (and only too true for the most part). 

I agree it was pretty average this week.  I give them credit for keeping the movie lines from feeling *too* forced (for the most part), but overall it felt a little lackluster. 

I did laugh at this bit, though: 
QuoteJ.J. WATT  My team is going NOWHERE! I've been a defensive superstar for two years now, all in a wasted effort!

DeMARCUS WARE  Only two years? You're adorable.

Arctic Blast

Yep, I laughed pretty hard at the Ware-Watt bit.  ;D