MARCHING EAGLES/HPS (Austerlitz, Marengo, Waterloo...)

Started by laborde, March 21, 2020, 02:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laborde

I totally understand, you must course play it without any changes on your comp no doubt. Lets wait Paul for that... GL.

Paul Bruffell

You are correct, at this point, you need to change the screen resolution to address this issue. Actually increasing the size of the images shows a bit more detail and quality of the graphics :)
I have noted your request to have settings in the game to scale the images to meet your screen. This may be part of a future update.

Regards,
Paul

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Paul Bruffell on January 31, 2021, 08:31:24 AM
You are correct, at this point, you need to change the screen resolution to address this issue. Actually increasing the size of the images shows a bit more detail and quality of the graphics :)
I have noted your request to have settings in the game to scale the images to meet your screen. This may be part of a future update.

Regards,
Paul

Thanks, maybe in the meantime until scaling is possible, is it possible to at least always ensure the rightside cards/unit info lineup right next to the map vs totally on the other side?  Not only hard to read on larger screens, totally at opposite extremes of the screen which makes it even harder.  And if it isn't possible to scale in the future, maybe at least add the setting to change resolution within the game so people don't have to change their desktop, which impacts other games.

Truly want to give this a try, but being older with not-so great eyes nowadays makes this important, at least for me.  Yes I know I can switch the desktop resolution, but just becomes tedious (just another extra step) that makes me not eager to fire up the game

Paul Bruffell

The Unit Information Boxes on the right hand side of the screen can be dragged and dropped where ever you want. So mouse left click down on the top bar of each box and keeping the mouse button depressed, drag the box to the preferred location. In this case you can place the units on the blank area of the map. These boxes will stay in that position until you close the game down. Once you restart the game you need to drag them into the preferred position again.

Regards,
Paul

laborde

Quote from: Paul B.HPS Marching Eagles Updates

Updates have just arrived on the HPS web site hpssims.com
https://www.hpssims.com/Pages/updates/up_MarchingEagles/up_ME.asp

New scenario for the Waterloo game.

Waterloo Update - New Features

1 - Elite & Veteran Grenadiers (Guard units) permitted to detach 1 battalion at a time and also permitted to conduct skirmishing actions
2 - Additional scenario added - number 24 - The Struggle at Plancenoit
3 - pdf document link added to menu - Help - Battle Tips for Beginners

Faults corrected -
1 - Recent New Rule - Artillery can not fire in the Combat Phase of the same turn that the unit conducts ammo resupply - works in single player mode or Hot Seat but not in PBEM mode. Fault corrected
2 - On the large Waterloo scenario in PBEM mode at end of Allied turn for first 10 turns, all French units become visible even in FOW. Fault now corrected.
3 - In PBEM mode, if turn is saved part way through and the player returns to the game later and reloads the saved turn, critical information is lost and when the next player views the replay all units have disappeared. Programme modified to save missing data and avoid this problem
4 - PBEM mode fault on replay section. If there are 2 friendly units in the area and Unit 1 is routing, shaken or unsteady and a enemy unit moves into the area, the friendly Unit 1 may retire - fall back one area. As this occurs Unit 2 should take up Unit 1 position but this is not occurring on the replay. Fault corrected

Marengo & Austerlitz Update - New Features
1 - Morale test added to defender when attacker conducts bayonet charge
2 - Morale Test boosted by presence of friendly leader
3 - Event Cards restricted on small scenarios to those appropriate for the scenario

Faults corrected -
1 - Recent New Rule - Artillery can not fire in the Combat Phase of the same turn that the unit conducts ammo resupply - works in single player mode or Hot Seat but not in PBEM mode. Fault corrected
2 - In PBEM mode, if turn is saved part way through and the player returns to the game later and reloads the saved turn, critical information is lost and when the next player views the replay all units have disappeared. Programme modified to save missing data and avoid this problem
3 - PBEM mode fault on replay section. If there are 2 friendly units in the area and Unit 1 is routing, shaken or unsteady and a enemy unit moves into the area, the friendly Unit 1 may retire - fall back one area. As this occurs Unit 2 should take up Unit 1 position but this is not occurring on the replay. Fault corrected

Paul

Adraeth

Concerning some little bugs:

1. Waterloo scenario editor does not show french grenadiers when placed on map

2. Waterloo and Marengo editors allow to place units on map, but when i start the scenario some units are invisible to the engine when i click on a location, i can see them on map but they are not shown on the units panel on the right.

Adraeth

Concerning the invisible counter in Waterloo, i made some other test:

it applies to every unit considered veteran (i tried with an infantry unit made veteran on OOB editor)