WDS New Civil War Game, Bought All of Tiller's Assets, and Catalog Refresh

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 19, 2021, 07:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryMc

I just saw that the server with new installs has also hit a bandwidth limit.  So, hold up a bit :) 

Strela

Hi All,

The Fetch server with the installers is operational again. We had hit out bandwidth limit (unprecedented to be honest), but maybe sending upgrades for 100 odd games out was the culprit...!  :) :o

David

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Strela on November 19, 2021, 05:02:59 PM
Hi All,

The Fetch server with the installers is operational again. We had hit out bandwidth limit (unprecedented to be honest), but maybe sending upgrades for 100 odd games out was the culprit...!  :) :o

David

Tried downloading mine just now and still receive browser error message..basically says site can't be reached.  Sent to support to help out.

Strela

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 19, 2021, 05:06:39 PM
Hi All,

David

Tried downloading mine just now and still receive browser error message..basically says site can't be reached.  Sent to support to help out.

Thanks for the info. Is this for the full installer or the updates linked from the WDS site. We have not resolved the update server yet, but the Fetch Installer links should be working. If not, they should be imminently according to the support team at Fetch.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Strela on November 19, 2021, 05:12:20 PM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 19, 2021, 05:06:39 PM
Hi All,

David

Thanks for the info. Is

this for the full installer or the updates linked from the WDS site. We have not resolved the update server yet, but the Fetch Installer links should be working. If not, they should be imminently according to the support team at Fetch.

Full installer, links from the emails that were sent to me....all of mine doing this.

Strela

Thanks for the confirmation. Give it a short while. We have been assured the cap was being removed...

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Strela on November 19, 2021, 05:18:58 PM
Thanks for the confirmation. Give it a short while. We have been assured the cap was being removed...

Actually looks like something wrong if you click on the links in the email.....I copied the link and pasted in browser and worked that way.  Something seems different with actual embedded links.

Strela

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on November 19, 2021, 05:23:20 PM

Actually looks like something wrong if you click on the links in the email.....I copied the link and pasted in browser and worked that way.  Something seems different with actual embedded links.

Thanks - well that's a new one...

We will do some checking this end.

Thank you again for your tolerance. We though we had covered off all contingencies, but the best laid plans of mice and men...

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Strela on November 19, 2021, 05:27:43 PM

Thank you again for your tolerance. We though we had covered off all contingencies, but the best laid plans of mice and men...

No worries....the clicked link does take you to a different URL then just copying and pasting but was easy to solve once figured that out.

Dammit Carl!

Bully on you guys for picking up the Tiller banner and running with it.  Thank you!

Zulu1966

Quote from: Strela on November 19, 2021, 05:27:43 PM

#

So couple of questions

1. if I have the original install files and serial numbers do I need the full installer or can I just carry on updating from the original files with the updates
2. Should I have emails that were converted by tiller games from HPS titles ?

Aware you are probably swamped with questions currently - but I have every game and whats been sent so far certainly doesnt represent that ....
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Strela

Quote from: Zulu1966 on November 20, 2021, 06:16:33 AM

So couple of questions

1. if I have the original install files and serial numbers do I need the full installer or can I just carry on updating from the original files with the updates

Aware you are probably swamped with questions currently - but I have every game and whats been sent so far certainly doesnt represent that ....

You can just use the updates, but it is preferable to get everyone onto the exact same base, i.e. use the full new installers. The installers now default to a WDS directory rather than the previous John Tiller Software and it will simplify life in the future for updates etc. The new programs automatically check your registry for the key from the previous installation, so you don't have to worry about that. You can even leave the existing installation in place and install the new one in the WDS directory and they will co-exist. It is your call.

For the second question we had the following the FAQ we emailed out, I believe:

Q: What happens with all the games I've purchased over the years from John Tiller?

A: All games purchase through John Tiller Software are completely supported in the same manner that JTS has supported them for years. All games that were purchased through HPS Simulations and converted to JTS versions over the years are also supported. That migration window has now closed, however. In short – if you have a serial number for your game, you are good to go going forward.

Q: What about getting the games installed? I never made a backup of most and what I do have is very old.

A: This is a multi-part answer:
•   First off, you should only be doing installations from a digital installer. All CD versions of the games are obsolete and in many cases the file structures are different. They should no longer be used.
•   We will be "re-opening" all orders from our existing store which will cause an email to be sent to you for each product you have ordered in the past. This will give you an opportunity to grab a new installer for the game that is completely up to date as of the WDS announcement.
•   If you purchased games through the original JTS store (Dec. 2010 – May 2012) then send an email to Support@wargameds.com along with your order number(s) or serial number(s) and new installer files will be emailed to you.
•   If you were migrated over from old HPS purchases, then send an email to Support@wargameds.com along with your serial number(s) and new installer files will be emailed to you. ** You must include a complete listing of all game names and serial numbers you are requesting new installers for.

Zulu1966

Quote from: Strela on November 20, 2021, 07:24:21 AM
Quote from: Zulu1966 on November 20, 2021, 06:16:33 AM

So couple of questions

You can just use the updates, but it is preferable to get everyone onto the exact same base, i.e. use the full new installers. The installers now default to a WDS directory rather than the previous John Tiller Software and it will simplify life in the future for updates etc. The new programs automatically check your registry for the key from the previous installation, so you don't have to worry about that. You can even leave the existing installation in place and install the new one in the WDS directory and they will co-exist. It is your call.

For the second question we had the following the FAQ we emailed out, I believe:

Q: What happens with all the games I've purchased over the years from John Tiller?

A: All games purchase through John Tiller Software are completely supported in the same manner that JTS has supported them for years. All games that were purchased through HPS Simulations and converted to JTS versions over the years are also supported. That migration window has now closed, however. In short – if you have a serial number for your game, you are good to go going forward.

Q: What about getting the games installed? I never made a backup of most and what I do have is very old.

A: This is a multi-part answer:
•   First off, you should only be doing installations from a digital installer. All CD versions of the games are obsolete and in many cases the file structures are different. They should no longer be used.
•   We will be "re-opening" all orders from our existing store which will cause an email to be sent to you for each product you have ordered in the past. This will give you an opportunity to grab a new installer for the game that is completely up to date as of the WDS announcement.
•   If you purchased games through the original JTS store (Dec. 2010 – May 2012) then send an email to Support@wargameds.com along with your order number(s) or serial number(s) and new installer files will be emailed to you.
•   If you were migrated over from old HPS purchases, then send an email to Support@wargameds.com along with your serial number(s) and new installer files will be emailed to you. ** You must include a complete listing of all game names and serial numbers you are requesting new installers for.

OK thanks

Seems I have some work to do.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Old TImer

Quote from: MengJiao on November 19, 2021, 12:17:51 PM
Quote from: Geezer on November 19, 2021, 11:13:51 AM
Very happy to see this.  I wish them all the best.

And double WOW!  they are sending me the download codes for all the games I bought long ago that have now been updated!  So I can download totally new versions!

Me too!  I was like, whoa what's this.  Every game I ever bought from them they sent me a link to download
the new version.  Amazing.  I wish them good things.

Rayfer

Just curious....with new owners, will these games ever get ported to Steam for purchase?