Another 4X with potential

Started by Jarhead0331, October 26, 2012, 10:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

This one is called Solar War and its still in alpha phase.  I saw it was recently released on Desura where you can fund it for 12.99 and get access immediately.  There is also a free demo available.  It has an old school look and reminds me of aurora with a little more of a user friendly UI.  Its a much smaller game (Earth solar system only), but it looks like a good scale with enough detail to keep the player interested and busy.

Check it out:  http://solarwar.net/

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

LongBlade

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Zulu1966

Yeah - played around with the demo a bit. I like it.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Cougar_DK

Me too, do you have any in-game sound? Not really sure if there should be any.... ???
-Men do not quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Huw the Poo

Yeah I saw this on Desura last night and grabbed the demo, haven't had a chance to try it yet though.  It looks really promising doesn't it?

son_of_montfort

Has it been released, or is it still in paid beta?

EDIT

Still in paid ALPHA - so you all should know that the game is still fairly far from finished (the version number is 0.29).

http://www.desura.com/games/solar-war

Dang it, didn't read close enough to the OP.
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

republic

Hey this looks awesome, thanks Jarhead!

steve58

Just a heads up that SW is 50% off at Desura for $6.50 until 11/12/12...

http://www.desura.com/games/solar-war

...and a review from Space Sector:  http://www.spacesector.com/blog/2012/11/solar-war-its-like-x-com-meets-master-of-orion-but-not/
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

panzerde

Heard about this earlier today from Space Game Junkie and had the same thought that it seemed like Aurora with a better UI.  Definitely going to grab this.  SW and SOTSII might be enough to pull me back into 4X for awhile.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Sparhawk

I had a three month stretch a couple of years ago where I couldn't think of anything but Aurora, this certainly peaks my interest.

Sparhawk

the-isz

Cool find. Will definitely download and check it out.