Combat Mission: Cold War

Started by nelmsm, April 29, 2022, 04:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Canadian Cat

Quote from: MikeGER on May 05, 2022, 03:54:05 AM
Well, there is one really bad  thing to say about Combat Mission Cold War.   >:(
Wow really - they have to start somewhere. They have a history of staring with US forces. The truth is it sells games so that is where they start.

Quote from: MikeGER on May 05, 2022, 03:54:05 AMEven worse not even planed as a pipe dream DLC announcement for the far future. :dreamer:
(i talked to the Publishers Marketing Director Marco Manoli in a Tea Time Twitch session, and he said no such plan)
while some of the needed models for that DLC would be already in the NATO DLC of Shock Force 2 ?   
Who did you ask? I have no idea who Marco Manoli is. What has he got do with BFC's plans? Not a thing. It is true that BFC's announcement of plans for 2022 did not list a new module for Cold War, Steve did say:

https://community.battlefront.com/topic/140718-2022-the-year-in-preview/?do=findComment&comment=1898053
And the team that actually did the planning work for Cold War have also confirmed they are working on it. No news on what forces or location are in but they are definitely working on content for an add-on module for Cold War.

Pete Dero

Quote from: A Canadian Cat on May 05, 2022, 09:07:43 AM
Who did you ask? I have no idea who Marco Manoli is.           

CMO at Slitherine.

A Canadian Cat

Quote from: Pete Dero on May 05, 2022, 09:28:51 AM
Quote from: A Canadian Cat on May 05, 2022, 09:07:43 AM
Who did you ask? I have no idea who Marco Manoli is.           

CMO at Slitherine.
Thank you. It will be interesting to see how this works going forward - how much will Slitherinesay that BFC hasn't even made official but hinted at. My guess is none. I would recommend anyone wanting to know what BFC is up to will need to read the BFC forums for tid bits dropped by Steve. My guess would be Slitherinewill have the officially announced info but be silent on hints.
That's just my guess though.

Skoop

Yeah I'm pretty sure module's to Cold War are in the works that will add the nato units.  Problem is now your stuck with BFC snail pace production problem cause they refuse to add programmers to deal with the increase in demand especially now that they are on steam.  I love cm games, but hate the snail pace of production.  They won't have the nato dlc done for a year or two, there's dlc for their other modules that have been waiting for a while.

GDS_Starfury

QuoteEven so it plays in the heart of Germany on German turf , there is zero iconic German equipment (faction, mabye as a QR force helping out, or in a what-if role. i didn't expect a full blown 'northern planes' campaign and aditional specific maps) in the game.
No Leopard, no Marders, Gepards , Fuchs , Wiesel , nada
it might be historical correct for that specific sector, but come on its the Cold War in Germany

he with the biggest defense budget gets the first nation to play.  8)
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Elvis

Quote from: nelmsm on May 01, 2022, 07:01:01 AM
Quote from: fabius on April 30, 2022, 05:05:40 AM
CM usually have a demo on their store page
I'd try that first

Apparently there is no demo for Cold War but did down load one for Black Sea and that should be similar enough.

There is a Cold War demo in the works. Heck, there was a chance that I was going to release it last week but a graphic bug in the demo was found. But it's possible it will be out before you get your coupon.

Another demo that you may want to try is CMSF2. If my memory is correct, the CMSF2 demo is the only one using Game Engine 4.

MOS:96B2P

Interesting video AAR of the Combat Mission Cold War scenario Kriegsburg 1979.

https://youtu.be/QPCYiymCVto

And a few screenshots

Destraex

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

kludger

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on January 07, 2023, 02:09:19 PM
Interesting video AAR of the Combat Mission Cold War scenario Kriegsburg 1979.

Really well done and well explained video, enjoyed that!