Panzer Corps / Allied Corps DLC

Started by TheFjordFox, November 23, 2021, 01:06:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFjordFox

So!

I've recently gotten back into the Panzer Corps games - a series of games of which since it's conception I've spent several thousands of hours with! Not to mention the game which it is the spiritual successor of - Panzer General. Both of which are absolute masterpieces in my mind.

I've played through all the campaigns on some of the hardest difficulties several times over, not to mention countless mods over the decade(s). I find this game to have great re-playability for a game that does not have randomly generated maps. The vast selection of units and all the situations you get yourself into, makes each playthrough feel different, and make a story of it's own unfold, and I love it!

Now, I've decided to take my love for it, and put out a playthrough of each the campaigns on youtube, on one of the bonus difficulties you unlock when you beat the game on the hardest difficulty.

I already did this many years ago on my old youtube channel, and apparently for some reason unbeknownst to me, the videos became quite popular, racking up several tens of thousands of views individually. Sadly, for reasons I'm not sure of, I no longer have access to that youtube channel, and the videos are no longer out there. Well. I'm about to fix that! I don't have my hopes up for reaching this amount of views this time around, but I do know this - I will have a damn good time making these videos!

That being said - below I'll link you the first episode in the Allied Corps playthrough - the rest can, as you might expect, be found on my youtube channel!

Hope you'll enjoy them! I'll be sharing some "tips" and a bit of my experience as we move along through the episodes!

Have a good one!
I'm just another random.

al_infierno

Nice, keep em coming!  O0

By the way, you should post these to www.reddit.com/r/computerwargames in addition to here - that subreddit would surely appreciate the contribution.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

TheFjordFox

Thank you very much for the tip and the encouraging words! :) I'll certainly look into it and see if I can't spread the word over there as well!
I'm just another random.

demjansk1942

I play this game more than any other game, I just love it.  I wish they would come out with another one without all the fancy garbage like pz2.

Gusington

I also love PC - have you played Panzer Corps 2?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That was fun Fox. The game looks great.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

TheFjordFox

Quote from: demjansk1942 on November 23, 2021, 04:26:25 AM
I play this game more than any other game, I just love it.  I wish they would come out with another one without all the fancy garbage like pz2.

I could not agree more! Panzer Corps 2 feels more like a re-imagined rip-off than a successor. I was extremely hyped for it, but after having played it for a few hours, I was left with a massive sense of disappointment. They did the same mistake as Panzer General did when they went 3D - they went away from the massive scale combat, and instead went for few units. Just more of the same would have been much better, in my opinion.

Quote from: Gusington on November 23, 2021, 06:51:27 AM
I also love PC - have you played Panzer Corps 2?

I have! But I really did not like it. It, like Panzer General 3D, was a massive fail in the franchise in my opinion. :/

Quote from: Sir Slash on November 23, 2021, 10:26:09 AM
That was fun Fox. The game looks great.  O0

Thank you very much! Glad you could enjoy it! :)
I'm just another random.

demjansk1942

I have Panzer 2 and dont like the graphics, too difficult for me to see the units and it's just to cluttered. I like the original game of panzer korp

Gusington

I loved the original PC and PG, but I like the new one. I've only played about a dozen hours, though...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

TheFjordFox

Quote from: demjansk1942 on November 23, 2021, 04:18:11 PM
I have Panzer 2 and dont like the graphics, too difficult for me to see the units and it's just to cluttered. I like the original game of panzer korp

That sounds very relatable!

Quote from: Gusington on November 23, 2021, 07:49:13 PM
I loved the original PC and PG, but I like the new one. I've only played about a dozen hours, though...

You're a stronger man than me then - I only managed to subject myself to that game for less than 2 hours, and then promptly got a refund, as I hated it. I wanted to love it. I really did! But alas, it was a stinker for me :(
I'm just another random.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

TheFjordFox

Well, maybe not hate, but it built up extreme anticipation and excitement within me, hyping me up, and the failing to deliver in every way it possibly could ;/
I'm just another random.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

demjansk1942

I agree with Fox, I really love panzer korps.  I play almost everyday, plus, I still have every fancy game out there and rather play this each day, go figure!  At least I held off on 2042.