The Story in your Friday

Started by Tripoli, September 03, 2021, 08:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

BoC work.  Maybe a little CMO.  And Yardwork :(
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

Just had our third attempt at a family summer vacation cancelled today.

The first vacation was cancelled after my daughter tested COVID positive.

The second vacation was cancelled after my father-in-law was hospitalized for acute renal failure...and

The third vacation was just cancelled because our vacation spot in presently underwater and is located in an area under a declaration of emergency.

...so, I guess it will be DCS, Highfleet, maybe some Carrier Command.

Everyone enjoy.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Pete Dero

Great song !

Might start a new game in No Man's Sky to discover the latest additions and improvements.

Gusington

Shit JH that really is...terrible. Sorry.

Great pick on music, though, nice Tripoli.

My Byzantine Expedition mod for Attila: Total War began crapping the bed and crashing out a couple of days ago so I will be starting a new Attila: Total War campaign with the Radious overhaul and units mods as the Emirate of Cordoba. Also will be playing a couple of Dark Age themed Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition campaigns.

Waiting in the wings as summer turns to fall is a stockpile of dark fantasy and horror game...looking forward to finally attempting Dark Souls III.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Playing "Dawn of Man".....got it cheap during one of the past Steam sales, finally getting around to it.  A lot of fun so far.

Ps.  Awesome music pick Trip...!

MengJiao

Quote from: Pete Dero on September 03, 2021, 09:02:57 AM
Great song !

Might start a new game in No Man's Sky to discover the latest additions and improvements.

Tempting.   I think mostly boardgames for me this weekend.

Destraex

New iron maiden album seems to be on youtube in it's entirety, so might listen to that while playing.

Tank Crew is 66% off as well. Thinking of loading that up again.

Been watching Angry Bird's commentary of steel division 2 competitive matches so want to give that a go. However I am sick of the way the AI has perfect memory among other things and so might play some 10v10 online.

Other than that, star citizen, titanfall2 which seems to be working and world of warships. Which I have been trying the subs in.

Here down under. Lockdown has forced the post to shut down ecommerce for 3 days and curfews are in place in our largest city. 1400 cases a day now so I think we will be let out as soon as enough peeps are vaccinated. Which is happening reasonably fast now.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Dammit Carl!

Another week down!

My ADD acted up again, so tossed out the prior games and loaded up World of Tanks / World of Warships, SCUM, 7 Days  to Die, and as a lark (and no idea at what point I got this game) TheHunter Classic.  Gonna blast virtual bambi all to hell.

p.s. Hunter game is poop to me, so no HD space for you!

devoncop

On a single malt whisky discovery journey at the moment which I am finding is a ideal accompaniment  to some mellow gaming.

I am doing unusually well in my latest Dominions 5 playthrough as Middle Age Cstis but as so often happens I have now got distracted by the release of Pathfinder: War of the Righteous so tonight I will be firing up Pathfinder : Kingmaker that I bounced off first time round to see if that is another rabbit hole to disappear down :)

Now...where is my  Port Charlotte Islay Malt.....
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Father Ted

Quote from: devoncop on September 03, 2021, 01:05:53 PM

Islay is the right way.  Laphroaig man myself, or maybe Ardbeg...or Lagavulin.  Choices choices...

Wolfe1759

Quote from: Father Ted on September 03, 2021, 04:35:32 PM
Quote from: devoncop on September 03, 2021, 01:05:53 PM

Islay is the right way.  Laphroaig man myself, or maybe Ardbeg...or Lagavulin.  Choices choices...

To each their own but Laphroaig is like eating dirt (peat) to me, obviously it is an acquired taste  :)

Anyway back to gaming. Intention was (possibly still is) for a bit on Pax Nova, following on from I think Anguiles post from a few weeks back I picked it up in the sale and have now added the expansion. However just had the update of Fallen Enchantress 3.0 drop on Steam so very tempted to fire this one up again. Other than those I'll probably go for a bit of Tigers on the Hunt or Valour & Victory as a change of pace.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

Gusington

Fallen Enchantress you say? Just installed that myself...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

solops

Laphroiag is my only Scotch. Will try the new Fallen Enchantress patch soon.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sir Slash

Tough break JH.  :pullhair:   WitE: The Road to Kiev Scenario is in full swing and damned addicting to boot for my weekend moments of tranquility which will be infrequent as this'll be a, 'Grand Kids' weekend around here. I've got extra Bourbon on hand for coping. And there's football....finally.  <:-)  Have a great one Grogs!
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

devoncop

Blimey.....Stardock are still patching Falllen Enchantress  :wow:

I played quite a bit of that a few years ago.

Another one to give another chance to.....so many games...so little time....
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games