Sea Power: Naval Combat in the Missile Age

Started by Jarhead0331, December 18, 2019, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

I've caught wind that one of the developers from Killer Fish, the guys behind Cold Waters and Atlantic Fleet are developing a new title that is wider in scope and closer in scale to Fleet Command...

Some tasty screen shots...

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

MengJiao

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 18, 2019, 03:15:05 PM
I've caught wind that one of the developers from Killer Fish, the guys behind Cold Waters and Atlantic Fleet are developing a new title that is wider in scope and closer in scale to Fleet Command...

Looks fantastic!  Where's the Bear-D and the Shipwreck Missile?  Anyway...I've bought Altlantic Fleet and Cold Waters and this looks even better!

jamus34

The Russians really do know how to build sexy aircraft.

Helicopters not so much.
Insert witty comment here.

Destraex

Their Helicopters are sexier than Western ones I reckon.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Huw the Poo

Agreed, I actually like Russian helos.

Also, for this game: I. AM . IN.

Jarhead0331

At the risk of sounding like a misogynistic cretin, Russian helos are like the drunk girls you want to bring home from the bar for a one night stand. Western helos are the girls you bring home to mom and marry. 
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

The_Admiral

Yes, the new team is called Triassic.  :notworthy:

They just opened their own facebook page - go like them over there!
https://www.facebook.com/Triassic-Games-105804100925194/

They are good friends who got in touch with us earlier during the Summer. Being able to listen to the input of some of the former crew at Killerfish was a dream coming true - for they are certainly among those we respect the most in this small corner of the industry, where we're humbly trying to settle down ourselves. I am more than happy now to take part to the early buzz with our meager means, and it's none too early to showcase the beautiful things they have been working on all these months. The reception has been wild so far, and it is somehow natural that people receptive to our work on Twitter or Facebook would take a liking to theirs too. Everybody knows a Tomcat is just a Wildcat with an extra crewmember and a bit more horsepower, am I right  :crazy2:
Besides, whoever doesn't like Tomcats is a heartless monster anyway, but that's another story (except if he or she likes Intruders & Vikings instead  :P ).

Finally, they are also further down the development road, and I expect them to release their game before we do, as it is much closer to a mature state. I am pretty sure the devs will be happy to come over here talk about their own work. Great guys.

Obviously, the way Killerfish split after Cold Waters is a bit on the sad side of news, but they are now making the games they love most on their own, and eventually it translates into a great thing for us users. It also means that the "other half" has been confirmed to be brewing his own game, and it could very well be about PTO  :-"  :hide:
We'll see in due time - but I cannot help but welcome the idea that all of this excitement about tactical naval wargaming we have seen as of late feels very mid-1990s-like. In that regard, it is never a bad thing to feel young again :)

Anyway, here are some other screenshots the Triassic crew entrusted us with - it's all WiP of course, but their WiP is quite a sight to behold already, if you ask me  :hug:
Besides, a well-known figure of this forum has been associated to the development process too, I suppose he'll tell you about it himself when time comes. In the meantime, just enjoy the view and stay put for their news :)

Cheers

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Julhelm

Hi, I'm Nils, one of the co-founders of Triassic Games and the lead artist. It's great to see that there is interest in this kind of game. If you guys want more, I'll be happy to post more stuff in the thread as we make it happen, as well as answer any questions of course.

FlickJax

Quote from: Julhelm on December 19, 2019, 04:43:14 AM
Hi, I'm Nils, one of the co-founders of Triassic Games and the lead artist. It's great to see that there is interest in this kind of game. If you guys want more, I'll be happy to post more stuff in the thread as we make it happen, as well as answer any questions of course.

Please please please :)  Don't wake me up if this is a dream :)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Julhelm on December 19, 2019, 04:43:14 AM

Welcome! Keep doing EXACTLY what you are doing. We like.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog