[closed] Dominions 4 inaugural game (let's make this massive!)

Started by Yskonyn, July 27, 2013, 12:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yskonyn

We are waiting for Llama. Dom4minions is a pretty hands off affair where game management is difficult. Eventhough GP's initiative is nice!

In the mean time though, I would like an update of who want to join this game:
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Wingedflamez

Well, I am definitely in.

And I vote yes for Random Nations.

Wingedflamez

OK is it good or bad that I am the only one who has posted anything in like a week here?

Yskonyn

I have no idea :)
Perhaps everyone knows Llama isn't ready yet?
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Wingedflamez

It would be nice to get nations setup for testing and pretender design. Ask. If you want to random me a nation withoutother commitment I'm fine with that.

elitesix

Non-random nation selection would help us pass the time with nation testing...one of the reasons I'm all about selecting a nation. As well as the fact that different nations have huge learning curves and you can apply a much of what you learned with a nation in dom3 in dom4. Learning can scratch from be fun, but I think from scratch learning should mostly be kept in SP as MP you can lose the game by bad pretender design because you are playing a new nation. Not to say random nations doesn't have an appeal, but I think it's better for experienced players that know the basics of everyone nation's playstyle so they won't lose the game right at pretender submission, or face someone who randomly gets a nation they have dom3 experience and then get flatlined as all the dom3 experience is put to good use in dom4.

On turn 24 on a dom4minions.com server...running smoothly. Not much admining though, so just setting set turn timers (28 hours early game, 52 mid, 76 late), and just hoping that unforseen stales affect everyone equally since there is no last minute postponing, which actually seems to increase people's interest since everyone has to get into a regular schedule of checking once a day.

So far, working out great in a 10 player game!

Wingedflamez

I guess my thing is that there has not been a definitive answer as to whether we are going to do random or picked nations.  I don't want to start testing a nation just to find out that to use a different one because we choose to random, it will just make things take longer.

Wingedflamez

elitesix

Ah Winged, I didn't notice at first but good to have you in BraveNewWorld. How are you liking Vanheim?

Wingedflamez

I love the vanheim units, sort of why I picked up Eriu ;)

THey have some vanheim with a splash of other stuff.

Like I said on the game forum though, for a bunch of outcast fairy, and half breed humans, they sure demand a high fee for their services.

Though I really would like to start up a  LA Dom4 game.  I know Id be target umber one, but I would love to give LA Ryleh a try, they are a bitch to micro manage, but they seem a lot fo fun with the small amount of SP I have done with them.

elitesix

lol my bad Eriu even.

Eriu has better non-capital researchers than Vanheim, right? That must be nice.

Fairies like gold and trinkets, don't they - maybe that's why they charge such a pretty penny!

CptHowdy

im updated to 4.03. would like to join if this ever gets going.

Yskonyn

Llamaserver is up indeed, but I have a feeling people might not be into MP much yet. There only have been a few people here recently and there was not much reaction to my latent call to arms a little bit up in the thread.